How to withdraw acceptance?

<p>My son was accepted to UA and we paid the enrollment and housing deposits. Now he’s decided to attend elsewhere. Can somebody please tell me who I need to call to withdraw his acceptance and housing?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>You can do it online. The same place you accepted has a way to withdraw. Good luck to your son!!</p>

<p>Here’s the form for the contract cancellation request for Housing:
[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/forms/contract/release.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/forms/contract/release.cfm)</p>

<p>Make sure you put New Freshman so that we know that you have not moved in yet.</p>

<p>We’re sorry to see you go!</p>

<p>Thank you both. I can’t figure out his CWID. Is it anywhere to be found on the mybama site?</p>

<p>Momom2… if you click the “student” tab at the top on MyBama and then click on “Registration Status” it will show the CWID in the top right just before the student’s name. That’s one place to find it.</p>

<p>Thank you FortunateDad, that did the trick. I appreciate the help. Best of luck to your kids.</p>

<p>You’re welcome! Best of luck to you and your son also! I’m glad he found a place that he feels is a good fit. :)</p>

<p>for anyone else in the same situation… If you’re not 100% absolutely positively sure there’s no rush to withdraw now. It’s not as if your scholarship needs to be given to someone else. It won’t be. You have until May 1st to decide (or longer if you ask for an extension). </p>

<p>It’s sometimes better to wait in case the other preferred school’s aid isn’t what was expected or you change your mind again.</p>

<p>I don’t have to pay the deposit till May 1st also, right?</p>

<p>Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you have to pay the admission deposit before you can pay the housing deposit. So, if you want to get a good housing selection date, you will have to pay the admission deposit first. I’m pretty sure this is how it was when son enrolled in 2010, so not sure if it’s different now.</p>

<p>You probably could still get housing if you deposit that late, but maybe not first choice. Of course, people withdraw over the summer and housing spots open up, so if you’re in a gambling mood, you could probably wait that long.</p>

<p>Again, I’m going by my memory of three years ago, so someone please correct me if I’m wrong.</p>

<p>Best of luck to all the seniors making their college choices in the coming months. I know you’ll all do great no matter where you end up!</p>

<p>*I don’t have to pay the deposit till May 1st also, right?
*</p>

<p>True, but you may not get a good housing choice if you deposit that late. The right to pick housing is by date that you make your housing deposit, which can’t be done until after school deposit.</p>