How was your college lifestyle? Such as taking courses?

Many colleges have minimum courseload type requirements/expectations for full-time students that would prevent taking a single course per semester. Colleges also often have a maximum courseload. I expect they set these limits to increase chance of graduating on time, with good outcomes in classes.

For example, the college I attended required 180 credits to graduate. If you start with no credits from high school and do not take classes in summer, then you’d need an average of 15 credits per quarter to graduate in 4 years. Under normal circumstances, they permitted a minimum of 12* and a maximum of 20 for full time undergrads – not far from the 15 target.

I’d often take near the maximum of 20 credits. I don’t recall having a problem handling the maximum 20 credits, including when combined with combinations of sport, job, pre-med, engineering major, and being co-terminal grad student.

*12 = Minimum registration per quarter, 9 = minimum completion per quarter, 36 = minimum completion per most recent 3 quarters

This is not recommended. Do not burn yourself out.

2 Likes

8 courses sounds ambitious-- and not in a good way.

OP- finish strong. You’ve had some health challenges in the past-- overloading yourself academically which usually means living on junk food and getting inadequate sleep, is likely a recipe for MORE health challenges.

Good luck.

3 Likes