How worth it is it to retake ACT before college?

<p>Hi everyone,
I'm a rising senior, and applying for nursing school. My current ACT score is 30. I chose not to study for the ACT anymore, believing I was satisfied with the score. How important do you think it is to retake for additional merit scholarships? I also have heavy classes this year, so I'm not sure I will have time to study. Is it worth to drop an AP class to spend more time studying for ACT?</p>

<p>I am in the same boat. However since Ive taken the ACT 3 times now with the same score twice (making the super score a useless 31) ive decided to hold off. That of course unless someone here can give me a good reason otherwisr</p>

<p>thanks egelloc80! i have already take it 3 times too :stuck_out_tongue: good luck applying to colleges!</p>

<p>I feel like is a borderline score. You can get into state schools but with little to no merit and then its not high enough for those top privates.</p>

<p>If you need substantial financial aid then you should also apply to direct entry programs where your stats (ACT/SAT GPA) are at least in the top 10% (5% would be better). That is not very easy to do when applying to the “top” nursing programs.</p>

<p>Know what they call a student that graduates with a BSN and passes the NCLEX at the 100th best BSN program in the US? The same thing they call the student that does it at Penn.</p>

<p>Good luck and apply early!</p>

<p>my main concern now (other than not being admitted) with my ACT score is that it won’t provide me enough financial aid :frowning: i would hate making my parents spend any more than they have to to send my to college! we are not an afford-all family.</p>