How you got in. and can i?

<p>I was woundering what currents students stats were when they were accepted into the university, especially students accepted this year. Also do you think i could get it?</p>

<p>Male, 17 from New Hampshire
3.3 Gpa
1900 on second SAT attempt (going to take it again)
27 on first ACT attempt before i actually studied for it (going to take it again)
Varsity lacrosse for four years
Captain for JR and Senior year.
1st Team all state this year
volunteer at a nursing home
coach U-9 lacrosse
part of a volunteer club at school
I had a job all sophomore year and every summer i have had one.
I am taking for my senior year:
Spanish 4
Ap English
Advanced Writing
Ap Chem
Psychology
Calculus
Honors Physics</p>

<p>Hello there!
I got into Umiami last year for music. Pretty much, just try to have a good academic record, A's and B's, at least 1800+ sat score (which you have) and be in the top 30%ish of your class...top 15% is much better though. </p>

<p>As for your chances, you should try hard to raise your gpa. It is somewhat low, but not to say that in the next year you couldn't raise it :P. If this is your unweighted gpa, then what is your weighted? If this is your weighted, BUST YOUR A$$!! Your extracurriculars look decent, so those should help. But, write a kickin' essay; these really help as well.
Finally, be yourself. If you are aplying for a certain major like music or medicine, some have different requirements (audition, sciencey things, etc.)</p>

<p>As for the stats, i think that 36% of applicants were admitted this year (more or less) but that 36% isn't like the 36% @ Carnegie Mellon and such b/c they have to ween out the lesser applicants, so to speak. So, in all honesty, if you were to apply right now, i think you'd have ok chances, not great. Your SAT puts you in the running, but maybe not for a scholarship. Boost your gpa by working your butt off and get good recs, and i think you could do it! Good luck to ya.</p>

<p>I think my ECs were a little more interesting, but my GPA was identical to yours, and my SATs were only 1910 composite (730 cr, 680 w, 500 m).</p>

<p>I'd say you have a pretty good shot ;)</p>

<p>You have a Good chance of getting in. Scholarships off course are gonna be tough for ya but again Im sure thats of no surprise to u.
Anyways, Write an amazing essay cause it counts a lot.</p>

<p>I got in and had a similar profile to urs just loads of Ec's and lots of reference letters.</p>