Howard University Class of 2022 Student Profile Data

Howard University has posted the Student Profile Data for the new class of freshmen. The acceptance Rate (31.6%) and the admitted students stats (3.56 UW GPA and 1220 SAT/25 ACT for 1599 incoming freshmen) is posted on the link below.

https://www2.howard.edu/admission/undergraduate/counselors

The profile of the 2022 class is not much different than recent years. Howard has really always attracted large amounts of very serious and talented students.

Howard has a really good reputation. Every year, I always see several of the best and brightest black students in my area apply and enroll at Howard.

@NuScholar Agreed that the class of 2022 profile looks similar to previous years (besides a .2 spike to the UW GPA), but I see students every year wanting to be chanced for Howard and I believe in letting prospective students see the actual data. Prospective students, please be aware that the numbers are the average enrolled student so there are students above and below the thresholds that Howard provided.

Thanks for this, @ChangeTheGame. My son, currently a HS Junior, is considering HU. Actually both HUs (Howard and Hampton.) We’ll make a trip to DC this summer to visit the area schools (AU, GWU, HU, GMU.)

It’s nice to be able to show him stats like this.

@EconPop That is awesome that your family is going to checkout schools in the DMV area. Howard’s President put up the preliminary numbers for the class of 2023 and they accepted 815 more students than the class of 2022 (Howard has been adding or refurbishing most on-campus housing in the last few years). I am pasting Dr. Frederick’s tweet for the class of 2023. Good luck to your son in his college search.

Wayne A. I. Frederick
@HUPrez17
·
Apr 19
•How many applications? 20,992 •How many students accepted? 7,431 •Average GPA 3.65•Average SAT 1227