Howard University Early Applicant Forum 2018-2019

I also received a notification for a merit scholarship yesterday! Did you all get anything in the mail yet?

We haven’t received anything in the mail yet.

For those who applied regular admissions (not early decision), how long does the admissions process take? Just applied this week and SAT scores haven’t been received by HU yet, so I know my son is in for a wait. Just wanted to know if there is an idea of how long that might take once application is complete since he is weighing options on a few other acceptances and decided to apply last minute.

That should be good enough to get accepted …but I don’t know if your scores are high enough for their merit scholarships. I hope so - good luck

Did anyone apply for the Bison Scholarship program? If so, have you heard back about the program?

I applied. Haven’t heard anything back yet.

If you are talking about regular admissions, @GOATIAG, I THINK regular decisions are not released until April 12. I was hoping that was the deadline for releases…as in, students would hear BY April 12. However, I do think they release decisions at once, instead of rolling admission decisions.

I

For the ED folks…how long did it take for your Bison portal to update once it moved to “decision made”? My son applied RD and his portal now says “decision made” but no decision is listed.

Prior to today, I don’t remember seeing the button to evaluate Arts and Sciences courses and seems like there are more options in the financial aid section, but maybe it’s just wishful thinking and I’m imagining things!

I need to submit my medical forms now, then housing