Howard University Freshman

<p>I've been accepted to Howard, but I'm having a hard time decision whether or not to attend Howard or not because of the potentially new experience of being in a prominently black university and all of the negative things I am hearing about the administration. Are there any freshman who are currently attending Howard University who will share their views about the school so far?</p>

<p>I don’t (and won’t) go to Howard, but my brother and grandfather did. Howard’s reputation inside the beltway is not nearly as good as it is outside. It’s considered to have considerable administrative issues, and a lot of students who are big partiers and not big studiers (my brother was very much a part of this group).
My brother enjoyed his experience there, though his undergrad experience took much longer than expected. He now has his master’s from Howard as well. The administrative problems didn’t affect him too much, and the party atmosphere suited his personality, though, in retrospect, he may have graduated in fewer years at a more buckled-down school.</p>

<p>Do you have other schools to pick from besides Howard?
I’ve always wondered what a HBCU is like but I don’t think it’s for me.
What do you like about Howard?</p>