Howard University Humanities & Social Sciences Scholars Program (H3SP)

Howard University has started up a new scholarship program (Humanities & Social Sciences Scholars Program (H3SP) that looks to start a pipeline of well prepared students who are committed to pursuing a PhD in the humanities and social science disciplines. Here is some information on the financial support offered, majors included, and a link to H3SP website which has the requirements and other information on the program. This looks to be the 1st year of this promising Scholars program.

The Complete Package

Tuition Scholarship (either 75% or 100%)
Room + Board
Books + Supplies Stipend
Mandatory Summer Bridge Program (incoming freshmen)
Internships (required during summers)
Study Abroad
In-program Advising
Large & Small Study Groups
Tutoring
Mentoring
Cultural Activities

Eligible Degree Programs

Applicants must be interested in pursuing a career that corresponds with one or more of the program’s six Academic Pillars, and must commit to majoring in one of the humanities and social science bachelor’s degree programs offered at Howard:

• Accounting
  • African Studies
  • Afro-American Studies
  • Economics
  • English
  • History
  • Interdisciplinary Humanities: Ancient and Modern Philosophy
  • Management
  • Marketing
  • World Languages and Cultures
  • Philosophy
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Sociology & Criminology
  • Art
  • Music
  • Theatre Arts
  • Media, Journalism, and Film
  • Strategic, Legal, and Management Communication
3 Likes

Has anyone heard back on the agenda for the H3SP virtual weekend scheduled for March 24-25?

Per the website, today should be the day for announcement of scholarship winners for Howard University H3SP scholarships. Does anyone know what time announcements will occur?

1 Like

Hey @Hvfaith. I just wanted to say that I am rooting for you to become an inaugural member of the Humanities & Social Sciences Scholars Program (H3SP). I have no idea when the announcements will go out, but for my 2 kids who were selected to be a part of a competitive merit based HU scholarship with similar benefits, they both found out results late afternoon/early evening (6-9pm EST). Your username is perfect for this situation🙏🏾

1 Like

Thank you. Did they receive results via call, email, or portal?

They both found out their results via email. I always also advise students to also check their junk email because at least one of my kids received some initial correspondence in that email folder.

1 Like