Howard University Regular Applicant Forum 2018-2019

My son just got in as well.

@laxmom2000 Thank you!
@am_lalo That’s what i’m wondering. I hope it comes as an email before the admission packet that would be mailed in May. Really need to know.

Check portals regularly. For other colleges, the portal shows the financial aid offers well before a packet has been mailed. Hope it all works out for you both!

Same thing happened to me @pigustavo. I uploaded my wassce late but i got accepted so it doesn’t matter.
Congrats bro which Country?

@am_lalo Nigeria!! but I love Ghanaian jollof haha ?

@laxmom2000 Thank you, and congratulations to your son!

@pigustavo ?? Im Ghanaian. Accepeted anywhere else? Is howard’s aid good?

@am_lalo Gotten into a few (and waitlisted/rejected by a lot) with merit scholarships (Only Whitworth gave me need based in addition to scholarship but they don’t meet full need). Admissions are tough for international applicants needing aid LOL…I’m a victim too. I thought I might have been immune with my National awards, good WASSCE and 1480 SAT, but I was very wrong. The process has been saddening, you?

Their scholarships are good if you have good stats. I know Nigerians with large scholarships. Here’s what I found on petersons–https://www.petersons.com/college-search/howard-university-000_10002368.aspx I’m surprised that international students average aid package is twice higher than the normal average, but I don’t think they meet full need. I’m just hoping for a significant scholarship/ manageable need-based aid, since they don’t meet full need.

I have only gotten into howard after applying to 12 schools. I have a 1450 Sat score and a decent wassce results(even though I don’t think it matters). I just hope I will get a scholarship that I will be able to attend. How much do the people you know pay yearly?

@am_lalo One had a 1450 SAT and got a full ride. The other had 1340 and had 36K in aid. 2017.

@pigustavo wow that’s good to hear

Nigerian hia livinig in gh…i still haven’t recieved anything yet???

@flight18 haha…They’re sending decisions in waves till the 12th of April…I know a Nigerian friend who hasn’t gotten a decision. Is your checklist complete? I completed my checklist earlier this week (WASSCE certificate) and then after 2 days I got my Decision, LOL.

@flight18 gotten in anywhere else?

The decisions come out on rolling basis. So don’t worry @flight23 just make sure your checklist is complete

Yh charley my checklist is complete…had issues getting the wassce cert. tho but sent it on time… …

@pigustavo yh one buh scholarship with no aid… . had alot of rejections…I’m Sure its bcos of the aid… Got waitlisted at one school that offers full aid

@flight18 Sorry for the rejections, hopefully you’ll get a good aid from Howard! Rejectons do not in any way represent your personal qualities/ academic prowess. Most schools that meet full need for non-citizens are harshly need aware for international students. Only 4 are need blind, and they are the most selective. Does your Howard application status already show ‘Decision Made’, or does it still show ‘Processing’?

Well mine says complete ready for review…but two new tabs recently appeared
*Arts and Sciences Course Evaluations

*TurboVote

@flight18 haha…that happened to me.