How's AA going?

<p>If my son ever changes his MyBama password, I’ll never know anything :), but based on the schedule today the OA group is spending 1/2 day hiking Hurricane Creek and 1/2 day at an arboretum, then this evening the final banquet is from 6-10PM CST.</p>

<p>Is the banquet for OA or AA?</p>

<p>My son is in AA, but I would think both groups are having a banquet tonight. He does not think they are together though.</p>

<p>well, my son sent me a picture from the natural history museum. I hear the weather is bad, so maybe the hike changed??</p>

<p>Good news…my son is alive. But that’s pretty much all he gave me.</p>

<p>RTRmom…LOL</p>

<p>I finally got a 5 minute call this morning mostly because I threatened not to send her rain boots and MAC make-up. MAC make-up is always a bargaining tool with my dd. ;)</p>

<p>I got from her that the banana pudding at Dreamland is to die for. It was pouring today so she is unsure how they are going to haul away 30 bags of weeds and spread mulch on the playground. Last night was an ice cream rave in the computer lab of the Honors College. And finally, what ever group of guys she is hanging with are the funniest people she has ever met. Bottom line, she is very happy and loving the experience! Thanks to the other parents of this group that raised such fine young adults. My dd has made a wonderful, supportive friend base this week and that was my biggest concern sending her so far from home.</p>

<p>All I can add is that my son (AA) said they went to Baumhowers the other night and it was really very good (he had a burger). He said they did “stuff” this morning. When asked for clarification, he said “work”. He sounds like he could sleep for a week.</p>

<p>Oh, and they went to Mellow Mushroom last night.</p>

<p>We are a year behind all of you and UA is at the top of my son’s list. How many students participate in AA? and in OA?</p>

<p>Thanks for all the great info!</p>

<p>They must be split into different AA groups. D went to Mellow Mushroom earlier in the week. And STL, yes the banana pudding is to die for! </p>

<p>D sent me a video clip this afternoon of what looked like a competition sing-off between the girls and guys. Whatever it was included lots of laughter. </p>

<p>SpaceCoastMom, hello and welcome. If I am correct, AA has 100 and OA has 80.</p>

<p>Our son has had a great time so far. Loved the Mellow Mushroom and visits to other restaurants. He worked on some sort of mosaic for an elementary school the first few days, but haven’t heard anything for a day or two. Hope to see some pictures from the week and the banquet somewhere! I’m hoping he will make me his FB friend now that there is distance between us:)</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama News UA in the News: Aug. 17, 2012](<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2012/08/ua-in-the-news-aug-17-2012/]University”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2012/08/ua-in-the-news-aug-17-2012/)</p>

<p>You can click on each link to see a new segment of OA and AA. Hope it works?? So darn proud of all the sons and daughters participating!</p>

<p>Thanks for the link, JosieP! I got two quick glimpses of my soon in the segment about AA at Flatwood Elem. He is the tall, thin guy in a purple shirt. :-)</p>

<p>Pretty sure my son is the one in the blue shirt mopping in the ABC news video. He did say he was mopping and it sure looks like his shoes, shorts and shirt and it’s the same height and build. </p>

<p>So proud to have the first time he ever used a mop captured on video! :)</p>

<p>That truly just made me laugh out loud!! Thanks Class2012!! Too funny!!!</p>

<p>No sign of my son in the videos. :frowning: It’s nice you were able to see your kids in the videos. I would love to catch a glimpse of my son in a pic or a video. Hopefully, more will be posted soon.</p>

<p>Can anyone figure out how to get the ABC link to show on their phone? Can’t get it come up on a mobile device and the kids want to see it.</p>

<p>And in other news, you will all be happy to know that the director of the Ferg has made bond</p>

<p>[Director</a> of U.A. Ferguson Student Center makes bond - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports](<a href=“http://www.abc3340.com/story/19210541/director-of-ua-ferguson-student-center]Director”>Director of U.A. Ferguson Student Center makes bond)</p>

<p>Class2012mom- odd story. Something is not quite right there…but we will probably not ever know what the real story is.</p>

<p>vlines - agreed. There’s a story on each side, the story of what’s printed and then the truth. Very sad situation.</p>