How's AA going?

<p>I got the video to work on my phone by going to the full site and lots of trial and error.</p>

<p>D is sitting at the picnic table with the bandana in her hair. How fun to see what they are doing.</p>

<p>The Honors College FB page has a picture from tonight’s banquet. :slight_smile: My son is in the top right corner in blue…a bit blurry, but that is him. Maybe some others will recognize their child. :-)</p>

<p>D is standing seventh rib from the top in the dark dress. :wink: She’s close to where your son is, ProudBamaMama. We were happy to finally see a pic of her. :)</p>

<p>Can anyone tell me what to look under to find the honors college page on FB?</p>

<p>I think if you type in University of Alabama Honors College it should come up in the results.</p>

<p>My daughter is bottom left corner – green dress/blonde hair…</p>

<p>Daughter also posted a picture (actually another member tagged her) of the AA group of 13 she was part of. If someone has a way to host and posst, PM me and I will send it. I think a couple of you are friends on my Facebook if you want to see it.</p>

<p>BamaAF</p>

<p>I got the page now, there just aren’t many pictures up.</p>

<p>My kids are in OA but here is an ABC newscast of both OA and AA:</p>

<p>[Video</a> Landing Page - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports](<a href=“http://www.abc3340.com/video?clipId=7622304&topVideoCatNo=189741&autoStart=true]Video”>http://www.abc3340.com/video?clipId=7622304&topVideoCatNo=189741&autoStart=true)</p>

<p>Thanks for the link – had not seen that</p>

<p>i’m in the AA news broadcast!! red shirt on the playground!</p>

<p>ROLL Tommy!!! ROLL Tommy!!!</p>

<p>The whole experience (both AA and OA) looks AMAZING.</p>

<p>So, so proud of everyone involved. Great video, I forwarded it to all our family members. :-)</p>

<p>bump…for those of you considering OA/AA for 2013 :)</p>

<p>When does registration open?</p>

<p>Sent from my SCH-R760 using CC</p>

<p>My DS definitely wants to participate in AA. Sounds like a great way to get acclimated with UA and meet a great group of friends…</p>

<p>Alabama Action and Outdoor Action are great programs for OOS students. The students get to move in early, make friends, get acclimated and have a good time while volunteering. Can’t beat that!</p>

<p>Any thoughts on OA v AA? S isn’t quite sure which one appeals more, they both sound wonderful.</p>

<p>Also, on one of the older threads (about BB from last year), a few people noted that the OA and AA sessions were full when they tried to register (during BB). I thought there was a seperate registration (in March), assuming by time BB rolls around thast should be a done deal?</p>

<p>If you want AA or OA, do NOT wait until Bama Bound to register. Register as soon as the programs open. There is very limited availability, although they did add an extra section to OA last year. I don’t know about AA. If I recall correctly, OA had about forty students in each section.</p>

<p>In the past years OA has been all about outdoor activities with the emphasis on volunteering at a local farm. AA had been mostly volunteering at schools, painting classrooms/murals and working with the children. But Alabama has changed their school calendars ( by legislature vote) and the elementary schools started later than UA last year, so I believe that there was no in-school interaction with the elementary students. Perhaps someone who had a student in the programs last year can chime in.</p>

<p>Thanks, yes, that makes sense on the registration, those folks must have not planned well enough (like all of us obsessive CC parents :slight_smile: who will all be logging in to register as soon as it opens). I am surprised there are so few spots - is there not alot of demand, or are alot of kids turned away? Glad to hear they added the extra section! I think esp for OOS kids this is just a great thing to participate in…</p>