How's campus life? And other questions for Aggies.

<p>1) How is campus life? I'm not that interested in parties, but I'm talking more about diversity of personality. Is everyone pretty much into the same things, or is there a lot of variety?</p>

<p>2) Is there a strong academic personality presence on school (not straight-up 24/7 partying)?</p>

<p>3) How are the class sizes, and how difficult is it to maintain a good GPA, assuming you study and such (looking into pre-med).</p>

<p>4) Chances:</p>

<p>Top 10-15%
IB Diploma
4.38 W GPA, 3.8 UW
SAT: 2130 (750 CR, 620 M, 760 W). Retaking.</p>

<p>4) you are an auto admit for A&M.
3) depends on what major you are in for class size. My daughters class sizes in Architecture tends to be 12-15. That isn’t going to happen in Engineering or Business.</p>

<p>1) You can meet a ton of different people depending on what you do. It’s hard to describe what the crowd is like because each person is different. For a less vague answer, there is a ballroom club, bbgun club, kendo club, anime club, movie club, scifi club, humans vs zombies club, GLBT organizations and definitely more, I believe 800ish clubs so there are many fun and different interests here (list at [Search</a> | Student Activities at Texas A&M University](<a href=“http://studentactivities.tamu.edu/online/search/index]Search”>OrgSearch - StuAct Online))</p>

<p>2) Many of the students here realize that A&M is considered one of the best colleges in Texas so yes, during test seasons especially you will see many kids with their heads in books, but many also enjoy partying and having fun. Alot of people I know try to schedule their classes so that Fridays are open; meaning they can party all night on Thursday. I found it funny, but you get used to it. </p>

<p>Northgate (one of the main clubbing/going-out areas) is right across the street from the university, so keep that in mind. Northside dorms will often get noisy on the weekends just due to proxmity, so some consider the Southside dorms to be the more suitable for studying dorms. Some dorms also hold learning communities and some scholarships require participation in a learning community, so yes, there is a sense of an academic personality, but it isn’t overbearing, nor absent</p>

<p>Wow!!Thank god I got a couple of ideas from a few friends of mine,and read a few articles myself.</p>

<p>OP,if you value diversity more than anything,want open minded people to hang out,I suggest you not go to A&M.</p>

<p>A good friend of mine is already there and doing his first semester,and from what he told me,it sounds pretty scary.You can say the students are very close minded,very republicanish,so proud of themselves that you might need to ask permission to talk to.</p>

<p>Diversity?lol they hate diversity.From what he tells me,if anyone there sees a group of black kids,its either thugs or athletes.The only way you will have a good time is if your white,and that’s it.</p>

<p>Mind you,I am from here(TX),and lets just say I hate it when people starts stereotyping/being insulting towards minors.I myself applied to A&M,but I won’t accept it and now going to Texas Tech or UT from what here and others are telling me to.Sure it might not be as big as A&M,but enough to have a great time and education.</p>

<p>But you know what,I could even give you a link to a website where they have reviews about A&M.But they will censor it here.</p>

<p>I respectfully disagree andrew3221</p>

<p>Andrew3221, you are a numbskull base on hearsay. My S2 a Senior is Asian-CA totally contradict your comment He was welcome in any situation and able to speak his mind freely. TAMU has given more opportunities to him then even S1 prestigious UCLA. I usually do not reply this kind of nonsense comment and everybody is entitle to their silly foolish opinion. Your comments is just too idiotic to flame such a fine university.</p>

<p>Obviously everyone has their own opinions.But acting like problems don’t exist does not help at all.Idiotic?Say that to a large of number of people HERE and other websites who have voiced similar opinions.I guess some people here cannot give good reasons without insulting other people.But I bet I am dealing with the Aggies here,and I understand that fully.</p>

<p>I already said that I could give that website’s name which has the reviews,I am sure non will agree anyway.You are free to choose what you think is right.But I don’t see why would a number of people out there make such comments if it does not exist.
(I am sure you can also find it via google).</p>

<p><strong>Start with the conspiracy theories</strong></p>

<p>Anyways,the OP will take it what he likes.</p>

<p>Andrew3221…you are a little negative probably more due to the fact that you were not accepted into Texas A&M. They probably saw your negativity in your application. How can you even have an opinion when you don’t even go to school there. </p>

<p>Texas A&M is a wonderful place full of diversity. You can make it what you want. It is filled with tradition and pride for the school. Please don’t listen to this guy. Plus, you don’t have to believe anything anyone else says either. Go visit the campus and talk to the students. Only then will you see if it is a good fit for you. Best of luck and I hope you find a school that fits your needs.</p>

<p>Actually I am accepted.The only reason I will decline is because they did not offer me scholarships AND I was put on the general studies.But that is obviously not the main reasons(as I have said earlier). You can start the conspiracy theories here,but I really don’t care.Not that I have money,but I want to get the best bang for my buck.</p>

<p>Negativity?lol if only you read my essay.Probably my most personal essay I have written so far that has far exceeded my own expectations and others around me.You can check my recent thread a few days ago WHERE I was specifically asking if I should go to Tech/A&M/UT Arlington.</p>

<p>Sources?A good friend of mine and his gf already goes there and they already gave me a good idea about the school.He is not even discouraging me,but letting me know what to expect.I did my own research online and read the reviews,and most pretty much say the same.</p>

<p>but yes,the OP can choose what to do.You know what OP?Visit the school and see if you like it.If you like it,discard my post in hell.</p>

<p>In all honesty, the A&M atmosphere is extremely polite. TAMU staff, aside from a few women in the registrar’s office, have always been really helpful. I couldn’t believe the difference between here and some notable private schools I was accepted to. </p>

<p>Diversity isn’t the top priority here. Let’s face the facts. I don’t even think it’s A&Ms fault, its just the reputation among Texas residents. In the past few years though, minority population is steadily growing. So I disagree. A&M is definately not doing anything, or supporting a stance, that discourages minorities. Its just the opposite.</p>

<p>Sadly, the republican part is sort of true. I am getting pretty sick of some professors and especially TAs, steadily voicing their “opinions” on politics, right before the classic “we shouldn’t talk about politics in class.”</p>

<p>I don’t want anyone here to take me the wrong way.A&M is a very good school,one of the best out there,and what I pointed out are some of the issues it has.I just don’t see why some people get easily offended when I am stating the facts as it is.No wonder people say you guys are close minded sometimes lol.</p>

<p>I am sure diversity will get better(don’t know about politics),but if the OP is very sensitive on this subject,he can reconsider.Other than that,good school and a great engineering program.</p>

<p>I was sort of taking your side. lol</p>

<p>But these aren’t facts, they are opinions…</p>

<p>"OP,if you value diversity more than anything,want open minded people to hang out,I suggest you not go to A&M.</p>

<p>A good friend of mine is already there and doing his first semester,and from what he told me,it sounds pretty scary.You can say the students are very close minded,very republicanish,so proud of themselves that you might need to ask permission to talk to."</p>

<p>So …
I’m a freshmen,
I need to say that the people are very kind and friendly for the most part.
I’m a minority, GLBT ally, and probably more leftist.
I love the traditions, classes are pretty big, and fun! I have seen so much diversity.
I ride the bus, and probably 70% of people are from a minority. </p>

<p>this is just personal opinion, but it is sickening to see EVERY morning any type of political bullcrap when I walk to my class. The most recently one has been, Obama haters. Ignorant statements they make, probably fallacies. </p>

<p>Other than that, I love it. Staff is very respectful. Instructors, are you kidding me?! I love them. Stupidity can be found anywhere, so you can’t really stereotype a&m.
I personally believe, students in general like diversity over here.
I have had no negative experience at all. </p>

<p>Guys are real gentlemen down here. Girls have been a little bit disappointing though.
You will always find some sort of opposition ANYWHERE.
This is again my opinion though.
I find it boring to go somewhere where everyone thinks the same way as me. </p>

<p>BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS btw.</p>

<p>If you want to see diversity in action at A&M look for the Wobble Flash Mob on youtube. My D was in it.</p>

<p>[Texas</a> A&M Wobble Flash Mob - Official Video - YouTube](<a href=“Texas A&M Wobble Flash Mob - Official Video - YouTube”>Texas A&M Wobble Flash Mob - Official Video - YouTube)</p>