Hows My College List and a bunch of other questions.

<p>Well MY GPA is 3.03 UW
I want to be an Aerospace engineer but I am willing to settle for Mechanical.</p>

<p>Nursing Anesthetist or an anesthesiologist is what I plan on becoming if Engineering isn't my fit.</p>

<p>This is my list
University of Central Florida- REACH
Embrey Riddle Aeronatical University-MATCH
Florida A&M University-MATCH
Suny at Buffalo-MATCH
New York Institute of Technology-REACH
U Maryland College Park-REACH
UCONN-REACH due to having many applicants
Florida Institute of Technology-UKNOWN
CSU Long Beach-REACH
City College of New york-MATCH or SAFETY</p>

<p>So how does it look? Could someone correct me or basically chance me.</p>

<p>Do the Colleges care that I have an upward trend since my Freshman yr of HS?
Do they care that I moved from my home and old HS to move to a new one with better oppurnities in another state?
Do Colleges look at my entire school history?
Is a 3.0 really that bad and what if I rank in the top 50% at my school but move up into the top 25% by the end of my senior does it matter?</p>

<p>Are you a NYS/NYC resident?</p>

<p>I believe all the schools on your list require the SAT; what are your scores?</p>

<p>Well no I am not anymore, I used to live there but I moved to CT and gave Temporary custody to my uncle so I don’t think I am a resident of NY but I plan on living with my mother again after HS if I fail to go to any 4 yr colleges.</p>

<p>SAT
Math: 450
CR: 510
Writing: 410(I think I only remember the Reading and math)</p>

<p>As an out-of-state applicant, SUNY Buff would be a reach.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure I’m eligible for in state tution.</p>

<p>My mom still lives there and I’m moving back when HS is done and good for. My Mother is also the person filling out my FAFSA.</p>

<p>Just curious, but is there are reason you’re considering UCF and FAMU but not FSU?</p>

<p>I know FSU is big on the grade trend.</p>

<p>FAMU seems to be within my reach and FSU(Florida state right?) seems to higher.</p>

<p>UCF is about an 1 1/2hrs away from one of my family members.</p>

<p>Yeah, FSU is Florida State. You can get into FSU if you write a pretty good essay. Orrr you could apply to get in via FSU CARE program if you’re a first generation college student (meaning the parent(s) you live with never got a degree).</p>

<p>Well I’m not the first in my family to get a degree.</p>

<p>Is FAMU easier or harder? Or are you suggesting it because it’s better than FAMU?</p>

<p>What about Tuskegee? I just talked to a guy at a college fair and it actually has aerospace.</p>

<p>FAMU is harder, but FSU is a bit of a better college (not that anything is inherentyl bad about FAMU), so I was just wondering why you were considering one near it. I don’t know if you heard or not, but FAMU’s engineering department is joined with FSU’s because they don’t have many resources, so you’d probably be back and forth between campuses anyways.</p>

<p>Well I could take FAMU off the list and put FSU but UCF I already filled out the app I just need the balls to send it in.</p>

<p>Is Tuskegee any good I was going to make a thread about this in the Engineering majors forum and see the respones.</p>

<p>“I’m pretty sure I’m eligible for in state tution.”</p>

<p>I wasn’t referring to cost; I meant that based on your grades/scores SUNY Buff would be an admissions reach - - particularly as an oos applicant (still a bit of a reach even if you’re applying in-state).</p>