HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund???

Whoo hoooo I cant wait for Friday!! We all got this!!

You all will be in my prayers!

Does anyone know any statistics on this scholarship? Like how many people get it or the likelihood?

Scholarships range from $500-$5000 and about likelihood I’m not sure, but if they asked you for the extra information in early May then you’ve made it as a finalist.

It’d be interesting to know how many people applied. I’m just so eager

@Aurelio97 One of the participants in this thread called HSF and learned that everyone is being treated as a finalist. This is the reason why they are taking longer than usual.

FYI… Bummed me out too :confused:

@PeacefulWorld yeah I saw that too but there’s also this other guy/girl on this thread that spoke to them on the phone and according to him they said finalist were actually finalist. Hopefully we’re all finalist and really close to being recipients. Anyways it doesn’t matter, speculating won’t do anything well know for sure by Friday.

@Aurelio97 Oh, I didn’t see that post! I hope that’s the truth… gives a bit more hope that I’ll get an award. But like you said, speculating doesn’t help right now. We need less anxiety not more ;D

Thinking about it maybe they’re late because of when they extended the deadline to submit the extra documents.

@itsv Would it be too personal to ask the amount she received?

HSF scholarship ranges from $500-$5000. Last year, they also had corporate scholarships that were significantly higher than that but they were separate applications. I wonder if its all together this time or if they are capping out scholarships at $5000.

Just received the email notifying me that I’ve been awarded an HSF scholarship! Finally! :slight_smile:

@bubblet congrats!!! What did it say? And what time did you get it at.

Notifications still going on Friday…only people who were denied for Gates were notified today for a general scholarship.

@wormer97 wait so only people that won the Gates are getting notified Friday? I thought they sort of ranked people by their score of our application and then they notified, so @bubblet was a really good candidate. That’s why he got it before most. At least that’s what I’ve read.

@Aurelio97 People who were denied Gates and received general scholarships were notified today. People who only applied for the general scholarship will be notified on Friday.

Well now we know a time frame of when they’ll probably release the emails. Ah I kept checking my email for like twenty minutes.

Congrats to all the people who found out today!

@wormer97 I don’t know why I was notified today, but it’s not because I didn’t get the Gates since I’m a 2015 Gates Millennium scholar. @Amstrad I received the email at 12:45 pm notifying me that is been selected for the HSF leadership scholarship.

@bubblet did your HSF application change online?