HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund???

@bubblet That is what they said over the phone, or maybe they got mixed up and meant received and denied Gates only. They said candidates who didn’t apply for Gates will be notified Friday.

@bubblet so are you taking the scholarship since Gates covers everything?

Congrats @bubblet!! Was anyone else informed anything?

@Amstrad my application status hasn’t changed. I’m rather disappointed with the whole application process this year. I had a lot of trouble submitting my app and my recommenders couldn’t get the recommendation links. It also would’ve been nice if they had released all the decisions at the same time. @Aurelio I’m not sure yet since I still have to pay for books.

@bordertexan My $10K in private scholarships to make college affordable and she is up to $8600 already from other sources. For the poster who said he was notified, he may be talking about a different scholarship that the general one that will be announced on Friday. This year HSF created a Youth Leadership Scholarship to attend an event hosted by HSF. My D was invited to apply but couldn’t because her college will be in session at that time (she goes back in early Aug.) I am a previous HSF scholarship winner (many years ago) so I spent some time on the phone and HSF was pretty clear that this Friday was when they would be announcing the decisions for the general scholarships. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

@bubblet I know applying this year was tough, but trust me- HSF is just trying to make the process easier for both the students and HSF since the number of students applying for these scholarships has significantly increased to numbers they never imagined. Plus they have been doing a good job at raising additional monies to distribute to students so they are trying to improve the system and at the same time give out scholarships. HSF was very good this year at giving extensions and trying to give students every opportunity to “fix” their applications under the new system. I know for my DD some her essay was in bright blue and a bigger font and they said they would not hold it against her.

Good luck to everyone.

Good luck everyone! I’m curious to see if anyone gets HSF scholarships on merit (without need).

@itsv what did it mean if the essays were in blue?

@ecruz22 I think it is blue when you actually typed on the website. So if you copy and pasted it is black and if you did some editing I thing it turned he whole paragraph blue.

Mine were both in blue and black, like parts are in two different fonts. I cut and pasted from another document and tried to fix it but wasn’t able to. Anyone else have this issue?

@transfersc I do to, I don’t think it’s s big deal. You shouldn’t worry.

Sorry about my post. It looks like some information got cut off. My DD was awarded $2K last year. She needed $10K in private scholarship to make it affordable for us and luckily got $14K from about 6 places.

Like others, when she cut and paste her scholarships, some parts were in black and some were in blue. She couldn’t fix it so we assumed HSF knew it was their issues. HSF seems very understanding that the software switch caused lots of problems.

I just found out that all Hispanic Gates scholars received the HSF leadership scholarship, so all of us who applied for the HSF general scholarships will be notified on Friday. I apologize for the confusion.

@bubblet Thank you for letting applicants know. By the way congrats on the Gates scholarship.

As an alumni member of HSF, I just received an email from HSF inviting me to the Scholars Celebration in Los Angeles at the end of July. My DD hasn’t received any email so I think it is safe to say tomorrow is when they will notify students of their decision.

Hi guys, does any one know if the $500-$5000 award is for the full year or per semester (Fall & Spring)?

^ per year!

ahh 2 more days :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, @Lilliana330 ! Yes, 2 more days! :slight_smile:

Sorry I meant to say you will hear on Friday. Scholarship is for the year. Students fill out paperwork and HSF sends the check arpund mid-Sept. if I remember correctly.

Emails are out!

Winner winner chicken dinner :smiley:

Congrats to other winners!

For those of you who didn’t get it, don’t loose hope. I didn’t either last year but did now. There’s always a chance nxt year!

Best wishes at college for all :slight_smile:

ahh congrats! i haven’t received an email. So i probably didn’t get it but I hope the best of luck to everyone and congrats to those who did!

They sent some today, possible more tonight and the rest are going out tomorrow.