HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund???

I wish scholarship recipients were notified before they have to commit to a school. Kid is going to a fantastic school but 2nd choice may have been 1st if he’d known he was getting a few different scholarships. Between HSF, Church’s, NMS awards, it would have made the cost for 2nd choice the same and maybe lower than 1st choice. Decision may have been different. It’s probably the same for some other students.

Just got off the phone. She said they are still sending out award notifications for recipients so we still have hope. She said ALL notifications will go out today.

@BTWarrior did you speak to the receptionist? She initially told me the same thing but when I was transferred to the actual scholarship office they informed me that the emails were already sent out.

There are a lot of mixed signals lol I’m on a roller coaster of emotions

Lol me too^^^ and I’ve been waiting for my math placement results too :-S I keep checking my email for both

I spoke to whoever picked up the phone. Maybe it was the receptionist. I was not transferred.

I just spoke to the person that picked up and according to her they’re sending out the scholarships notification in 2 separate waves. So they’re notifying people who were awarded in the first wave today and in the 13th they’re notifying the second wave, according to her if you don’t receive anything by the 13th then after that is when they will send you automated emails that you were wait listed.

Was anybody here notified today?

This is what they replied to me:

Hello,

Please be sure to check your SPAM folder.  Recently, a batch of emails have been sent out to applicants who have been selected for a scholarship.  By July 13th, a second batch of emails will be sent to applicants who have been placed on our waitlist, as well as to applicants who have not been selected for a scholarship.

Best,
HSF Scholarships Team

Well this all sucks

Im accepting the fact that i didnt get chosen

Me too^

yep me too

Me too.

Same here although it is weird that not one person here received an email today.

I wish they would’ve just had a status on our application that way if we didn’t even make since the beginning we weren’t hooked on the thought of being awarded something.

It just gets me so mad that they messed up so much this year.

Me too^ they got all of our hopes up and then made us wait and now are making us wait again just to get our rejections

Just jumping in here to say I feel your pain. I also am very disappointed with HSF. It was unprofessional of them to keep changing the deadlines, and now this. I applied by the second priority deadline and was a finalist, but am still being made to wait just so I can hear that I officially didn’t get it. I know now I did not receive the scholarship, but would have expected to receive a notification by today-- their self-appointed deadline. I expected better from HSF. :frowning:

So now that we’re probably not getting the scholarship, what does being wait listed entail? How likely is that we’re getting anything? And would it help for next year?