Hshsp 2022

I also have not heard anything

HI! omg I got accepted too! Did u apply for financial aid tho? I applied and my acceptance email didnā€™t mention it soo likeā€“kinda worried lmao\

I want to get this group opinion in terms of ranking of the following programs

• SSP
  • BU RISE
  • Michigan HSPSP
  • Garcia Scholars

This is the way I thought of the ranking - what are your views?

Hi, Congrats on your acceptance? When did you get it?
Thanks
SV

Nah I didnā€™t apply for financial aid, canā€™t :(.

I would put HSHSP over BU RISE

All awesome programs but I would say:

• SSP
  • Michigan HSPSP
  • Garcia Scholars
  • BU RISE

Any further acceptance or rejections? I have not heard any yet.

None here!

I emailed them. No response

1 Like

yall the program got cancelled i was accepted and we had an email sent out

1 Like

what do you mean? this year HSHSP program

Yep, program cancelled :frowning:

Sorry to hear that. Did they give any reason?

The program is cancelled. They emailed saying that because of strict COVID rules (ie if you test positive, you have to return home immediately), they cannot provide housing, therefore the program cannot continue. It might still happen online though, but the in-person program is cancelled.

Did you also guys get an email today explaining why the program is cancelled?

Can someone paste the email text here?

ā€œI met with university leaders on Friday and they have just confirmed that a) the university will not be able to offer isolation housing for anyone who tests positive for COVID virus this summer and b) any youth who tests positive must be picked up by their parent/guardian immediately. Because of these issues and in light of my desire to have the safest possible environment for students, staff, and mentors, it is with deepest regret and disappointment that I need to inform you that the HSHSP for this summer cannot go forward.ā€

if you got into HSHSP (or applied, since there might have been more acceptances in the future), feel free to join the groupme: GroupMe
weā€™re currently talking w/ the director of the program about the possibility of online/remote HSHSP

same link @Kenneth_Frisard posted above if that one doesnā€™t work