Huge decision I need help

<p>So heres my situation. I got into UCLA, Cal, UCSD, and a regents scholarship at Davis, and I am having a lot of problems deciding. I live in SD, and I am really interested in biology and the biotech industry, and I know that UCSD is great for that. The only problem is that I am going to have to commute 45 minutes a day to go there (living on campus isnt an option). I am worried that I wont be getting the full college experience and wont be able to socialize and get involved in intramural sports and clubs. </p>

<p>I like UCLA a lot too and it seems like a perfect combination of studying and having fun, but just like Cal, it is too expensive for me to live there and pay for tuition. I am also worried about the workload at Cal, but I am doubting whether it is smart to turn down these 2 schools for UCSD or Davis. Is there that much of a difference between the schools? </p>

<p>So that leaves me with 2 options: Davis and UCSD. Should I go to Davis where I will have more time for socializing and getting the college experience? or go to UCSD and commute to a college that better suits my major?</p>

<p>I would definately not worry about prestige as an issue. Do you plan to attend graduate school? If the answer is yes, the prestige of your graduate school in your chosen program will be far more important than where you earn your undergraduate degree. No one can make this decision for you obviously, but if I were you I'd want to visit the two schools that are options to see if you feel comfortable with the campus. IMO the ideal is to be a student living on campus with other students, but on that YMMV. Congratulations on earning regents at UC Davis. That is an impressive accomplishment.</p>