Huh? I'm already accepted?

<p>I just got an e-mail from UCR saying that I’m guarrenteed admission…</p>

<p>Did anyone else get this?</p>

<p>Are you ELC? My friend got a letter from Davis saying that he was accepted. (ELC, 2000 SAT)</p>

<p>No actually.
I'm suprised at this myself. I'm not ELC. (3.93 26 ACT) </p>

<p>And I still managed to get this e-mail.</p>

<p>Here's what is says:</p>

<p>
[quote]
We're impressed with your academic record, you're in the top 12.5% of your class and designated Qualified on Track (QOT) by the University of California Office of the President! You're exactly the kind of student we want at UCR , so we're GUARANTEEING your admission to UCR! Congratulations!!!!</p>

<p>What does this mean to you?
You'll know much sooner than other students tha t you've been admitted to one of the best UCs in California. . .
You don't have to wonder, or worry. . . relax, finish your last year of high school (be sure to complete all remaining eligibility requirements. . .including the Subject and Examination requirements) and enjoy your summer knowing you're coming to UCR. . .</p>

<p>Be sure to create your Personal MyUCR Account. . . it's a UCR internet account YOU create so you can keep track of UCR admission deadlines, financial aid announcements, campus EVENTS, tour opportunities and information about how to submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)--that's what you submit to let us know you're coming to UCR in the Fall.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I did get a 640 and 710 in subjects, but that's a far cry from good enough to be "special".</p>

<p>UCR gets desperate around this time every year. It happens to a lot of people.</p>

<p>I think I remember my D getting an "on track" letter when she was evaluated for, but denied ELC.</p>

<p>I googled it...</p>

<p>Director Wilbur also provided the committee with a report on the outcomes of the Eligibility in the Local Context (ELC) transcript evaluation process for the high school class of 2006-07. Each year high schools are asked to submit the transcripts of the top 12.5 percent of students who have just completed the 11thgrade. Nearly 100 percent of public and public charter high schools submit transcripts for UC’s ELC evaluation process. The University evaluates these transcripts and classifies each student in one of three categories:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Eligible in the Local Context (ELC): These students have completed a required pattern of 11 ‘a-g’ courses, and based on a UC-calculated GPA, have attained at least a 3.0 GPA and are ranked in the top 4 percent of their high school class. </p></li>
<li><p>Qualified on Track (QOT): These students have completed a required pattern of eleven ‘a-g’ courses, and based on a UC-calculated GPA, have attained at least a 3.0 GPA, but are not ranked in the top 4 percent of their high school class. </p></li>
<li><p>Not ELC Qualified (NEQ): These students have not completed a required pattern of 11 ‘a-g’ courses and/or have not attained at least a 3.0 GPA</p></li>
</ol>

<p>So what this letter is telling me is...</p>

<p>Anyone who qualifies is accepted.</p>

<p>Well if you want to put it like that... ..</p>

<p>Yeah, but I'm ELC.
I got one from Merced, Irvine, and Davis as well~</p>

<p>@ Merc: Pretty much. You're guaranteed a spot at a UC (at least one of them). xD;</p>