Human Ecology

<p>My daughter was just admitted to the School of Human Ecology as an interior design major. I have a few questions: How is the interior design program at UW? Is it well regarded? It is not ranked nationally by Design Intelligence, but is listed as an accredited program. Also, the school requires you to enter as a pre-ID major and then apply into the professional program. Does anyone know how competitive this is?</p>

<p>I am sure it isn't bad,but I have not seen any high rankings of it as I remember of such schools as University of Cincinnati, Kansas, and others. I certainly don't remember it being in the top 10 or even top 15.</p>

<p>However, with that said, I wouldn't worry too much. Wisconsin is a wonderful school. She will get a fine education.</p>

<p>The school I've heard is quite good. It gives you the best both of both worlds, great teachers as well as small classes. </p>

<p>I too have been admitted into School of Human Ecology, for a Retail Mangement course, with a view towards joining the School of Business in my junior year. I'm international if that matters.</p>