Humanities courses for Engineering majors

<p>Son will have to take two humanities courses to fulfill core curriculum, and was hoping for some input, suggestions on classes to take.</p>

<p>He loves film, though not writing. </p>

<p>There’s a chart under curriculum with courses that will fulfill the humanities requirement, but wanted some input from anyone who has taken any of them, especially other engineering majors.</p>

<p>He will be taking CBH 102, Calc II, Physics I, plus the second half of a couple of engineering courses, but is not looking for an easy A, but something that will interest him and give him a break from the hard science courses.</p>

<p>Would love to hear from not only upperclassmen, but fall freshmen who have taken any of the UH humanities courses that may be offered in the spring as well. </p>

<p>Thanks for the input! </p>

<p>Thanks for any input!</p>

<p>I’ve heard great things about the various UH humanities courses, but haven’t taken one myself. TCF 112 is UA’s film studies class and is generally multiple choice. I would caution that there is a good amount of reading involved and that the class is not as easy as one might think.</p>

<p>Thanks, seatide, with the input about TCF. That was initially on son’s radar, but he cannot get it into his schedule this year with the labs and CBH. We did hear it was difficult, but the subject matter does interest him. He’s got credit space in his schedule for a humanities class next semester, so he’s looking for a straight two or three day a week class to squeeze in there.</p>