Hurricanes Spirit Care Package?

<p>Has anyone tried the "spirit care package" that the Alumni Association sponsors? I'm debating whether to order the Finals Exam package, and am wondering if anyone has any experience on whether it's actually worth the 29.95? The letter says they're "aiming for 100% parent participation"...</p>

<p>(or whether to just make up one of my own....)</p>

<p>The last time I did this - for a kid at another school - my D tossed much of it, as it was stuff she didn't eat. My S would be the same as he eats almost no junk food. So I am not doing it. I think the 100% participation is a fundraising come on.</p>

<p>Also, if they have to go pick it up, that isn't as good as it being delivered - the kids see it as one more thing to do during a busy time, not as a great care package from home.</p>

<p>I agree with WIWA-My older S always enjoyed the personal care packages from home and said I packed better stuff than what the Alumni packages contained. I will be sending both of my kids personal packages with a few of their favorites.</p>

<p>We sent one the first year, and while DS enjoyed it, we found that he enjoys homemade goodies much more. So I too, go with a personal package and skip this one.</p>

<p>looks like the personal package is the way to go!</p>