Hurt or Help?

So i was wondering if i should apply in August for TAMU. So i am an OOS applicant and should meet or nearly meet the academic review requirement. However, my junior year was by far the worst year academically because of family issues which later affected schooling. My Jr. year is the only time i received C’s on my transcript (2). So would it Help or hurt me if i applied early? Should i wait till i get my first marking period grades, to show that bad grades isn’t a new trend for me, or should i just apply in august to get a “head start?”

THANKS!

It’s always best to apply early. I believe there is a section in the application where you can talk about extenuating circumstances that affected your academic career. Besides, they will not really even look at any grades after junior year since the transcripts will not change until after December, which for by that time the deadline will have passed.

^^ grades after Jr year will not be considered. OOS is difficult anyway, even for strong applicants, because the bulk of enrollment is with in state residents. That said, you should definitely apply August 1. Get that date set by submitting it by Aug 3. Then, get the transcripts mailed and SAT/ACT scores sent asap. If you are accepted, that application date plays into your housing priority. If you are accepted, complete the housing application THAT DAY or shortly after. Do not wait.
That said, my son was an academic admit. He didn’t apply until Oct 12 and received his acceptance Nov. 6. Submitted his housing app that same day and still got first choice dorm (it was a learning community, not Hullabaloo)