I am an international, what is going on with my scholarship status, plz help

<p>Hi, I’m an international student living in the U.S. for my fourth year.
I only heard about U of A’s generous OOS scholarships through my friends just right before the deadline - Dec, 01.
On 11/28, I contacted my regional recruiter and confirmed that if i were to get everything in by the deadline, i would be eligible for scholarships.</p>

<p>So I completed the application for scholarship for international student on 11/28, sent the transcript and SAT score post marked on 11/29, and completed the application for general scholarships on Dec, 1st. </p>

<p>Since i got everything in by Dec, 1st, i thought i was safe.
However, i just talked to an undergraduate admission officer at U of A who was in charge of scholarships and was told that I would be considered for the automatic scholarships (in my case, presidential), only if i was admitted by 12/01. From what I’d heard from my regional recruiter, I wasn’t needed to be admitted, I just had to complete all the applications send them in. I talked to my regional recruiter again, and she is fairly sure I am still good for the scholarship. At this point, I’m not sure what’s going on. The situation itself is twisted and on top of that, i am an international student, which only worsens the situation.</p>

<p>Is there any other international student who is in kinda same situation? Or anybody from previous years who had similar circumstances? U of A is pretty high up in my list (with the scholarship) and I’m really looking forward to get in with the scholarship. If this is not gonna happen, I’d rather know right now so i can get on to more applications which i have shot on full tuition…</p>

<p>Thank you for reading.</p>

<p>*However, i just talked to an undergraduate admission officer at U of A who was in charge of scholarships and was told that I would be considered for the automatic scholarships (in my case, presidential), only if i was admitted by 12/01.</p>

<p>From what I’d heard from my regional recruiter, I wasn’t needed to be admitted, I just had to complete all the applications send them in. I talked to my regional recruiter again, and she is fairly sure I am still good for the scholarship. At this point, I’m not sure what’s going on.*</p>

<p>I think in the end, you’ll be ok. Technically, you’re supposed to be admitted by Dec 1st, but Bama doesn’t seem to hold to that since you really have no control over that even if you had applied - say - in October. </p>

<p>So, it sounds like someone is telling you the “written rule” and another person is telling you what Bama typically does.</p>

<p>Just wait a bit.</p>

<p>Thank you so much for your reply.
I just have one more question. Say I will be admitted in a week, and Bama will be lenient about the scholarship policy that they will still consider me for the scholarships. When will they notify me of the presidential scholarship?
You are probably right that I should just wait a bit, but I’m just nervous because It is really unusual for any school to offer a “guaranteed” merit scholarship that covers the entire tuition to internationals. At the same time, I’m frustrated that I didn’t know about Bama till it was a bit late to make my chance worse.</p>

<p>You would likely get your notice soon after acceptance.</p>

<p>* I talked to my regional recruiter again, and she is fairly sure I am still good for the scholarship. At this point, I’m not sure what’s going on.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Contact this person again and politely ask her check on your status and scholarship.</p>

<p>:)</p>