I am completely confused. Please help

<p>Hi everyone, I contacted the admissions staff and asked them to evaluate whether I am an auto admit, which I believed I was. However, here is what I got " according to the new secondary school requirement, the student must have attended a recommended high school or in a prestigious high school requirement." And they said I did not seem to fulfill this? I don't understand what this means and I am from a very prestigious high school in my country. </p>

<p>My stats:
International student
CR+Math=1440 . Writing 700
Perfect olevels scores and good 11th grade scores plus predicted Alevel score ; top quarter class rank assigned by TAMU.</p>

<p>I am totally disorientated and is it possible I can't get in with these stats? I don't understand whether I am an auto admit right now. Please please help, imagine my anxiety. </p>

<p>Thank you very much</p>

<p>I thought auto admits were only for the top 10% were for Texas high schools only?</p>

<p>Automatic admission is a state thing for in state people. You will need to go through the holistic review process. But your stats look good! I bet you will have no problem getting in.</p>

<p>Guys thank you for the replies!!I think they do have automatic admission for international students. But I am not sure whether I fulfilled the requirement.</p>

<p>Is it because I don’t have a 12th grade transcript but a predicted Alevel results sheet in place of it? The actual Alevel results will be out after the dealine, I will never send it in on time! What should I do right now…??</p>

<p>I think you are misinformed. I have never heard of auto admits for international students. The auto admit is a state law which is why the Texas only thing. I know they do offer it for out of state schools, but only if you are a Texas resident.</p>

<p>If you were assigned a top 25% class rank by A&M you should be auto academic admit. the person on the phone probably made a mistake.</p>

<p>“Auto admits” are only for Texas top 10%, BUT international students can be “academic admits”. Here is the information from the “international freshman” admissions webpage <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/international/freshman:[/url]”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/international/freshman:&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<br>

<br>

<p>they are ranked in the top quarter of their graduating class, and</p>

<p>achieve a combined SAT Math and SAT Critical Reading score of at least 1300 with a test score of at least 600 in each of these components; or achieve a composite ACT score of at least 30 with a test score of at least 27 in ACT Math and ACT English. Students must take the writing component of the SAT and/or ACT in order for the test score to be considered, and</p>

<p>have successfully taken all recommended coursework, and</p>

<p>ensure all required credentials are received by the freshman closing date.<<</p>

<p>Since you were assigned top quarter, and since your SAT scores seem to exceed this, as long as your coursework matches up, it would seem you should be an “academic admit”.</p>

<p>In your score CR+Math = 1440, I am assuming you have at least 600 in each.</p>

<p>Thanks guys for help! But does my predicted results is equivalent to my 12th grade transcript? I don’t have a 12th grade transcript and won’t have it until the result is out after the document deadline. In this case, do you think I fulfill the " complete all recommended coursework" requirement? Thanks again for being so helpful!</p>

<p>The webpage says “The final transcript and high school diploma should be submitted upon completion of studies.” This would be true for US students as well, of course. No one would have their 12th grade transcript yet.</p>

<p>But I won’t be able to submit before the deadline for document. So would my predicted results be sufficient as a 12th grade transcript for them to make admissions decision? Thank you very much!!</p>

<p>bctnln, one cannot have a 1440 without at least 640 in each. (800+640=1440)</p>

<p>Aggiewannabe, None of the American kids have 12th grade transcripts either. They are all conditionally admitted on their 11th grade performance. The 12 grade transcript is issued after graduation in June and is sent to the university at that time.</p>

<p>Omg! That means I should be an academic admit by all accounts! ?Lets wait and see how it goes. Right now I’m on step three with two tabs. Thank you so much for taking away the stress!</p>

<p>Haha, you can see that I didn’t actually bother to do the math!</p>

<p>Haha thanks again! :)</p>

<p>You need to be careful to use the words “academic admit” rather than “auto admit”. They are two different things with the same end result…admission. To be an auto admit, you have to be from Texas. To be an academic admit, you do not.</p>

<p>So I just learnt something from you cromette. Thanks :P</p>

<p>Well…if anyone still cares, they said they put me in the review applicant pool. I seriously don’t know what could be wrong. Well…hmm</p>

<p>What it could be is that your school doesn’t follow the guidelines for the course curriculum that TAMU wishes high school students to follow. I know in Texas we have the Texas standard curriculum and it just may be that your courses that your school had you took may not be line line with what TAMU wishes. It could be something else, however.</p>