I am completely confused. Please help

<p>yes I think you are right. They said the English courses I took in my high school do not seem to match with the Texan high school coursework because it is not a US high school. So there is no English credits for all four years. What ate my chances then as a review admit? Thanks(discouraged)…</p>

<p>If you could possibly get some sort of syllabus from the English classes you completed, forward them via the AIS links where you could upload your recommendations and various other items. Having a detailed description of the English classes you did take could assist you in the review process. This is just a thought…and it will give you the opportunity to be proactive…Good Luck.</p>

<p>Along the same idea as Muse3sqrd, try contacting DODDS (Dept of Defense Dependent School) school in your country for help figuring out US course equivalent - they’re probably more familiar with your curriculum & the US one.</p>

<p>They still haven’t yet given me a specific reason why I am not an academic admit. However, they did say its because of the policy change, referring to the new high school graduation policy. But that applies to grade nine students entering in 2012-2013 year. Obviously that does not apply to me. I am guessing they are just getting cautious with students they admit</p>

<p>Aggiewannabe122,
I think I see why you are confused. </p>

<p>First, you said that they said that you haven’t completed the required coursework for English, right? I think that’s your “specific reason” that you’ve been looking for. I understand that you did not attend a Texas high school and that you are an international student, but TAMU still requires that all academic admits successfully complete the Texas-equivalent required coursework. And you said that they said that you didn’t do that. You apparently haven’t met their coursework standards for English. (Nothing to do with your English proficiency, but rather a coursework requirement.) This doesn’t mean you won’t be admitted, but that you had to be placed in the “review admit” category.</p>

<p>I think you’re saying the new policy applies to grade nine students entering in 2012-2013 because of this paragraph on the TAMU High School Coursework webpage:</p>

<p>“The State Board of Education adopted changes to the high school graduation requirements in January 2012. The new requirements are effective beginning with students who enter grade 9 in the 2012-2013 school year.” </p>

<p>I can definitely see why that paragraph confused you. It’s in a weird place on the webpage. But please allow me to translate its real intent! It’s really more of an introduction to the next link on that webpage called “New Graduation Requirements.”</p>

<p>You see, the requirements listed above the paragraph in question apply to all current and wannabe Aggies, including the requirement for 4 years of English. Texas students have been under those listed guidelines since the class that entered 9th grade in 2006 pr 2007. (I can’t remember which year, but it was one of those two years.)</p>

<p>Then, Texas changed it’s curriculum guidelines to begin with the class that entered 9th grade in 2012/2013. So the paragraph that had you thinking those guidelines don’t apply to you, was oddly placed and was referring to the fact that there are new coursework guidelines that will eventually apply to new Aggie wannabes (those that entered 9th grade in 2012/2013), “and you can see what they are if you read this link below.”</p>

<p>If it’s any consolation at all, the new guidelines still include the equivalent of 4 years of English.</p>

<p>I’m sorry that you have to find out so late in the game that you’re not an academic admit. It sounds like you’ve been very proactive with keeping up with the rules and jumping through all the hoops. This one little thing, which is more a reflection on your high school’s curriculum than on you, just missed your eye, it seems. This doesn’t mean you won’t be admitted. It just means that it won’t be automatic. I agree with some of the others that there just may be a way to “certify” that you had that 4 year equivalent of English, but I think it would be hard to do. At the very least, if your high school is as prestigious as you say, the administration should politely, helpfully be made aware of how this restriction has impeded your path to auto admission. </p>

<p>Please keep us posted. I would love to hear that you got in!! Your stats sound wonderful!! You’ll be a good Aggie. :)</p>

<p>That is very interesting. What is your educational background, what type of high school did you attend? I would think if you had GP after O Levels you would have been fine.</p>

<p>Hey thank you guys for the information! And…good news! The admissions staff emailed me after I talked them into reevaluating my credentials and as it turned out, they made a mistake, maybe overlooking my General paper coursework I guess after my olevels. Now I am in review for academic admit. I pray soncerely nothing will be wrong this time and they will take me into engineering as soon as possible. Gonna update you guys when I really get accepted!! Thanks again for your help! :)))</p>

<p>^Wow! That’s really good news! Congratulations! Way to persevere, Aggiewannabe122. I’m so glad to hear it was all a mistake. You mentioned that your high school is very prestigious, so I was disappointed that they didn’t have the curriculum that would get someone with your stats into a good US university. Good for you for hanging in there and pursuing the heck out of it! Like I said, you’ll make a good Aggie! Look forward to hearing that you’re in! :)</p>

<p>That is sooo awesome!!! Great job following through, making sure and persevering!!!</p>