I am planning to apply in Phillips Exeter next year.

I am planning to apply in Phillips Exeter next year. I am a student from Albania in grade 9. I am going apply for grade 10. I took the TOEFL iBT test and I scored 115/120. I haven’t taken the SSAT yet. I will take it soon.

I have partecipated in many extracurricular activities:

1. I took the 2nd place in an math olympiad in my city when I was at grade 6.
  2. I took the 3rd place in an math olympiad in my city when I was at grade 7.
  3. I took an “Excellent” award for global competence.
  4. I took the 1st place in my school for chess. grade 7
  5. Currently, I am the president of my school.
  6. I took the 1st place in my school for athletics (sport). grade 8
  7. I took the 1st place in a math olympiad in my school. grade 8

I am a student with all A+. I can speak four languages fluently: Albanian, English, Italian and French.

I have written an article and I have published it in many magazines in my country. The article talks about :"How does entertainment and studying affect in teen ages?

I have been doing volunteer works for 6 months. I have taken all my clothes that I dont use them anymore, and i have sent them to the orphanage, helping lonely kids.

Now: Do i have a chance to be admitted in Phillips Exeter?

Thats all I got for now.

And now for the key question: Do you need financial aid?

Yes

My family income is about 7000$/year

You’re applying “to”, not “in”

@mommdc yepp…i will fix it right now.

If you are not a US citizen, financial aid may be difficult.

@MAandMEmom So what can I do?

I’m new here too but if you read posts you will find that financial aid is limited to US citizens. Maybe there’s a section on boarding school review that lists schools that provide did did international students.

@skieurope Yes, I need financial aid.

Interestingly enough, there was a brilliant Albanian girl who was accepted by Exeter (last year??) with full financial aid, according to what she said on this forum. I don’t know how that would affect your chances. I assume that if you were as good or better a candidate than she was (unlikely), you would have a chance.

@twinsmama do you know her name?

No, I don’t. Search the forum, and you may be able to send her a message.