I Applied For Honors College, No Reply. What Should I Do?

I applied for Honors College at University at Buffalo (Upstate NY college) through the Common App. I applied early December for Regular Decision. Since then, I haven’t received any notifications from the Honors College. Fortunately, I was accepted to the school, but I have no idea about the Honors College. I assumed they didn’t release decisions yet, but it’s now April so my chances are very slim. Here are a few of my questions:

1. Has this happened to anyone else at other colleges or UB? If it did, what did you do?
  2. Do you think I just didn't qualify for admission (grades wise or if I didn't complete required paperwork)?
  3. Does anyone know if UB released all of their Honors College decisions?
  4. Should I still reach out to the school to follow up on my application? Or do you think it's not necessary since I probably just didn't qualify? If yes, what should I say to not sound like an idiot?

I didn’t think I was going to get into the Honors College because my grades are pretty average, but I thought I would give it a shot because it would help me academically. I just think it’s weird that I wrote my essay and submitted it through the Common App, but haven’t received any notice that they were considering me. At this point I feel like I either didn’t qualify grades wise or didn’t follow all the steps to be considered.

Any responses are appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

I applied to regular decision December and I still haven’t heard back

Hello, I applied to the honors college and my acceptance letter for early action also included the honors acceptance. However, my friend applied to the honors college and didn’t hear back and when she contacted them not to long ago they told her that she was waitlisted, so you might not have gotten in or gotten waitlisted and they just didn’t let you know : (

Hi, were you also planning on emailing them for confirmation? Or did you decide not to because you were interested in another college or something?