I cannot decide between UCSD (human biology) and UCI (general biology). Any input is appreciated

Hi all. Hope this post finds you well. I’m sorry in advance if I seem to be jumping all over the place with my thoughts.
So I just got accepted to both those schools, and I currently live in Irvine. I got into Muir college which I assume to be the best one as far as the GEs. Money is not a problem currently, and we are about to move houses, so it depends on where I decide to go.
I want to eventually pursue medicine (although I don’t like to call myself a premed student). Right now, the main factors for me are the city (environment), GPA, and opportunities. I think that at UCI, I will be able to maintain a better GPA, while there are overall fewer opportunities (in terms of research, volunteering, and connections). So naturally, I think I might have a lower GPA at UCSD, but have more opportunities. This is my main dilemma right here. I would appreciate any thoughts that you have.
I also have friends going to both schools, so that’s good also I guess. I have been to both cities, and I really prefer the feeling of Irvine (but that might be because I’ve lived here for so long, so idk).
I need to decide pretty soon, so again any help and input are highly appreciated.

Even if you are not sure about “pre-med”, the courses required to apply to Medical school are going to be equally competitive at both schools. UCI should have the same amount of opportunities as UCSD since there are plenty of hospitals/clinics etc… around each campus to get those needed medically related EC’s. Most of the opportunities will be dependent upon you and not where you go to school.

Based on your post, UCI seems to be the campus you are leaning towards so go for it and do not look back.