I completed the NPC for all the schools my son is applying to. When do I find out the actual cost from the college?

The questions may vary from school to school, then some schools will ask for more documents, whether they use IDOC or something else. You do have to pay to send CSS Profile to each school, unlike FAFSA. Profile will open Oct 1.

1 Like

Each college has a CSS code. You can find this on each college website.

You can submit the Profile to his several schools at the same time. Just make sure you adhere to the earliest deadlines you find on the college websites.

But yes…you can submit to more than one school at the time of submission.

Pretty sure you can still send profile to multiple schools on the same order, you just have to pay for each. Clarifying what I said before…the Profile is the same form, but some schools might ask for additional info, documents etc.

1 Like

Agree!

And as I said in my first reply on this thread…it’s very very important to check each college for what they expect for financial aid application materials, and make sure everything is submitted in time to meet the college stated deadline on the college website.

2 Likes

CSS fee is $25 for first school and $16 for each additional. Families making less than $100,000 are eligible for fee waiver.

2 Likes

Note: sending CSS is free if your income is under $100k.

2 Likes

Yes, I said that.

Michigan gives OOS financial aid through their Michigan Grant and other means.

Yes but correct me if I’m wrong, overall it’s minimal. If OP is full pay at BC, there’s not going to be a grant. And unlike UVA or UNC there is no assurance to meet need.

Do you happen to own a business! Or are you self employed?

For clarity. Schools that use IDOC (these are Profile schools) use the documents you send via IDOC to verify that the information you put on the Profile is accurate. The IDOC use in and of itself is not how schools determine whether or not you qualify for their institutional need based aid.

4 Likes