I did dual enrollment in 11th grade, but none of those courses are UC Transferable. I should report them in the "other coursework", but when I try to move on with the "College Courses taken in High School" section, I have to list at least one course

So what do I do??? So even if I do enter those dual enrollment courses in the “college courses taken in hs” section I have to choose a subject area but I have no idea what that would be since it isn’t an A-G since it ISN’T TRANSFERABLE

Why is it not transferable?

Any dual enrollment class must be reported under the college you received the dual credit through.

I don’t know why but it isn’t

On University of California A-G Course List , if you search the college that you took the courses from, are the courses listed in the a-g categories? There are some courses that count toward a-g categories but are not UC transferable (and do not get honors +1 points when GPA is recalculated).

1 Like

You can list them in the Activities & Awards section under Other Coursework.

1. Award or honor
  2. Educational Prep Programs
  3. Extracurricular activity
  4. Other coursework
  5. Volunteer / Community Service
  6. Work experience

They don’t show up at all unfortunately

Yes I can do that but then if I leave the “college courses taken in high school” section empty, it gives me an error

Here is the policy about reporting DE courses either transferable or non-transferable. They go under College section. Are the courses under 3 units?

Dual enrollment.

They are 2 units so yes!

I think I’m confused because my school says not to report it under college coursework but then UC App is also saying I have to?? If I do report under college coursework I’m not sure which subject to put…

The UC Counselor conference stated all DE classes should be reported since you will be required to submit a transcript upon enrolling.

Edited: Based on a similar situation last year, you can just report them under Other Coursework as noted by @lkg4answers.

Please report all grades you received for all academic courses you enrolled in, including withdrawals, incompletes and courses you may have repeated at a later date. Do not list athletic courses or courses that are under 3 units (courses under 3 units do not satisfy the UC “a-g” subject area requirements).

So my mistake in stating you need to report them under the College and the UC conference information did not specifically address 1 and 2 unit courses nor the link I gave you.

I see, that makes sense. Thank you! But then what do I do about the error with leaving that section empty? :thinking:

What section are you leaving empty? The College section which you marked as taking college courses during HS? I would unmark that section and put in the additional academic comments that you took 2 unit college courses that are not transferable.

1 Like

“College courses taken in high school” section: it gave me an error and told me to list at least one course: “Please select or enter the academic course you took during this term.”

I would unmark that prompt and add in the HS academic additional comment section and state you took some 2 unit college courses that are not UC transferable and a listed under Other coursework.

1 Like

Hmm but I can’t remove it unless I remove it as a “college attended in high school.”

My son had the same issue because he also took college courses that were under 3 units.

What he did was to remove the “colleges attended in high school.” Then he summarized all the details in the additional comment section, as suggested by @Gumbymom above.

This worked out fine for him.

3 Likes

I see, thank you! I’ll try that then.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.