I didn't get accepted to Baruch College even with a 4.0 GPA

I didn’t get accepted to Baruch even with a 4.0 GPA. Their reason is “due to the highly competitive applicant pool and the limited number of spaces, we are not able to offer you admission into Baruch College for the Fall 2019 semester”. I am an accounting undergraduate student from BMCC and Laguardia. I also have a Bachelor’s degree in another field of study from a foreign country, so I’m not required to submit any SAT scores. I don’t know why I didn’t get accepted. I’m thinking of making an appeal but I don’t know if it will work out. My other college options are hunter and queens college. I haven’t got any response from them. Does anyone of you got denied as well even with a 4.0 GPA? What did you do?

Baruch’s website says they do not allow second degree students to major in accounting.

Second degree students are often not given first priority

Maybe you will get into the other colleges, but it would be fruitless to appeal to Baruch when the second degree issue is so clear on their website.

I see. I thought it’s only for second-degree students that majored in business before.

1 Like

@Yezishi, what about applying for a Master’s in Accounting (without a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting)? Does Baruch allow for such an option? At some colleges, an undergraduate degree in accounting is NOT required to apply to their MACC program.