I don't know if this is the right thread?

<p>I am hispanic and I am aiming for Ivy league and top tier schools my gpa, rec, extra-curriculars are really good, but my SATs are low. What would be the minimum SAT score for a hispanic in order to aim for these schools. I know there is no minimum, but its just depressing that my SAT scores are the only thing that my jeopardize me.</p>

<p>My scores are
SAT I- CR-530 M-690 W-500
SAT II- Math 2- 710 Spanish- 730(lame i know, i should of gotten 780+) Chem-640
ACT-25 </p>

<p>I retaking my SAT I and ACT. Hoping for a 2000+ and 29+. But as of right now do I stand a chance. First generation as well?</p>

<p>My college list is (from Florida)-
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (EA)
University of Miami (EA)
University of Florida
Boston University
Vanderbilt University
New York University
University of Pennsylvania (ED)
Duke University
Columbia University
Georgetown University (Business Program)
Harvard University
John Hopkins University</p>

<p>(For a long list of my resume go to) <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/746051-chance-me-please.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/746051-chance-me-please.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Hi and welcome Ps, yes, this is the right spot!</p>

<p>I don’t do chances, but I can offer some comments about URM status and your list. </p>

<p>First a few questions:
What is your SES (lower (<50k), mid (50-60k), upper-mid (100-200k, etc.)?
What kind of HS do you attend (private, suburban public, underserved, etc.)?
How difficult was your course load in relation to what your HS offers (most rigorous, rigorous, average, etc.)?
What kind of awards (national, regional, etc.), prestigious concerts, etc. do you have for your singing?</p>

<p>My economic situation is first generation with a single mother, who earns under 35,000. The high school I attend on financial aid and scholarship is private. I take the most rigorous course load. Including senior year I have 10 APs and the rest were honors. Well within my region there aren’t really Opera competitions, but in Choir I have made All-State Honor Choir 5 years in a row, ACDA, Superior at State solo&ensemble, Superior in thespians(acting troupe), and was given the opportunity to sing with Christine Andreas(not amazingly famous, but unique.) I also was given the Jennifer Masi Scholarship for my school and the I Dare You Award(Have no idea what this is, but its a national award.) I hope this helps.</p>

<p>Thanks for the information. IMO there are many factors that affect how much of a bump (if any) a URM will get. Adcoms may make considerations for Latinos who lacked academic opportunities due to income, HS, etc.</p>

<p>On the positive side, your first gen, low income, URM status will get the attention of adcoms. Also, the fact that you took the most rigorous courseload is a plus. And your vocal ECs seem to be strong and focused, but be aware that I’m not an expert in this field ;). </p>

<p>Your gpa (3.7 UW) is within range for these schools. As you already know, your SAT scores are a problem. While your SES might cause adcoms to give you some slack on standardized testing, the fact that you had the advantage of a private school may negate that. And with such low scores, there is the concern that if admitted, would you be able to do the work? 500s are very low when you consider that most competitive students at the selective colleges on your list will be in the 700s. And your lower AP and Subject test scores might make adcoms wonder if your HS has grade inflation.</p>

<p>If you would be happy to attend UF, if it is financially feasible and if you know that you qualify for automatic admission based on your HS record or would be accepted early on during rolling admissions (I’m not familiar with UF admissions), then your list might be alright. However, if you were my child, I’d recommend a more balanced range of schools for your given stats. The very selective colleges demand applications that are thoroughly thought out and executed, and with so many supplemental essays, Why school X?, etc. to customize for each school, 12 colleges is a lot.</p>

<p>Are you planning on continuing in music and are you being “recruited” for your talent? I ask because, like athletics, that would make your situation different from more typical college admissions scenarios.</p>

<p>your SAT and ACT scores are very very low for some of these schools… not even within the ranges. SAT 2’s are pretty good though. if these are improved you will have a better chance at all the schools you mantioned</p>

<p>University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (EA): low reach
University of Miami (EA): match/in
University of Florida: match/in
Boston University: low reach
Vanderbilt University: mid reach
New York University: mid reach
University of Pennsylvania (ED): high reach
Duke University: very high reach
Columbia University: very high reach
Georgetown University (Business Program): very high reach
Harvard University: very very high reach
John Hopkins University: high reach</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/753268-will-chance-back.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/753268-will-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>any more chancing or recommendations</p>

<p>gpa’s good, and ec’s are great as well. SAT’s need to be higher (I would definitely retake it), but aside from that, write a great essay and you have decent chance at the majority of these schools.</p>

<p>University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (EA): low reach
University of Miami (EA): in
University of Florida: in
Boston University: high match
Vanderbilt University: low reach
New York University: high match/low reach
University of Pennsylvania (ED): high reach
Duke University: high reach
Columbia University: high reach
Georgetown University (Business Program): reach
Harvard University: high reach
John Hopkins University: low reach</p>

<p>p.s I’m peruvian too…lol. </p>

<p>chance back? <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/747169-should-i-apply-mit-ea-stanford-scea.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/747169-should-i-apply-mit-ea-stanford-scea.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;