I don't like this school... but I live near it... it's 100% safety for honors, right?

<p>I didn’t mean i “dislike” UW. Infact, I’m taking my entire senior year of High School there. But I’m shooting for Stanford, and only Stanford.
I MIGHT apply to Madison as a fallback, and only if I’d get to be in honors, and get denied by Stanford after multiple appeals.</p>

<p>Do you think I’d get into Honors, FOR SURE?</p>

<p>Academics:</p>

<p>White Female from Middleton, Wisconsin
Attend Competitive High School
GPA W: 5.1 (1/944)
GPA UW: 4.0 (3.96 with 9th grade, but Stanford doesn’t consider 9th grade.) (1/944)
SAT: 2300
ACT: 36 (36 math, 36 reading, 35 science, 36 English)
AP English 11… 5
AP Psychology… 5
AP Chemistry…5
AP Biology…4
AP Art History…4
AP US History…5
AP English 12…?
AP Econ…?
AP Physics…?
AP Calculus AB…?
AP 2D Design…?
AP Music Theory…5
AP U.S. History…4
AP Euro… 5</p>

<p>Probably a National Merit Scholar</p>

<p>Awards:

1. District ACT Scholar Award</p>

<li><p>Most Valuable Runner- Cross Country</p></li>
<li><p>MVP- Track</p></li>
<li><p>“A” Honor Roll every trimester</p></li>
<li><p>“Most Likely to go to Harvard”—voted by senior class</p></li>
<li><p>“Most Studious”— Voted my Junior Class</p></li>
<li><p>BullyStopper Award (Someone witnessed me stopping bullying?)</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Extra Curricular Activities:</p>

<li>Fall Musical- 5 years, 4 lead roles</li>
<li>Varsity Cross Country- State Qualifier</li>
<li>Varsity Skiing- State Participant</li>
<li>Varsity Track- State Runner-Up Champion in 400m dash</li>
<li>Intern at Honeywell Sophomore Year</li>
<li>Varsity Summer Soccer</li>
<li>Class President Sophomore Year</li>
<li>Student Senate---- base executive</li>
<li>KMB Underclassmen Group</li>
<li>National Honor Society</li>
<li>Spring Play—5 years—2 lead roles</li>
<li>Varsity Choir- elite musicians club</li>
<li>Band- Clarinet- 1st Chair</li>
<li>Clarinet Ensemble- 2 years</li>
<li>Jazz Ensemble—Alto Saxaphone</li>
<li>Math League</li>
<li>Peer Tutors— over 300 hours</li>
<li>Junior Leadership Team</li>
<li>Senior Leadership Team</li>
<li>Daily Daycare Volunteering Sophomore Year</li>
<li>Environmental club executive board</li>
<li>“Top 5 in the class” committee- we promote positive environments</li>
<li>Work as a Lifeguard in a waterpark</li>
<li>President of “Track Camp”- teach elementary kids about Track & Field</li>
<li>Kindergarten Reading Program</li>
<li>Upperclassmen Society—3rd Chairmen</li>
<li>School Environmental Club</li>
<li>4.0 GPA Recreation Club—We did bell ringing</li>
<li>Summer Classes @ Stanford before Junior Year— got a 3.88 there.</li>
</ol>

<p>Other:
Certified Computer Programmer
Certified Lifeguard
Certified First Responder</p>

<p>Junior Schedule:
AP Spanish Language
AP Statistics
AP Calculus
Concert Band
AP US History
AP Art History
AP Biology</p>

<p>Senior Schedule: I’m enrolling as a full time PSEO student at UW-Madison… basic freshman level courses with honors math.</p>

<p>ummmm, yeah.</p>

<p>there's no way you have your AP scores for this year yet.</p>

<p>TROLL</p>

<p>Stanford doesn't allow appeals.</p>

<p>bonne chance</p>

<p>
[quote]
Certified Computer Programmer

[/quote]

....ehhhh? All the certifications have specific titles and there are quite a few programming languages >_> Juding by your other accomplishments, this seems sort of tacted on also leading me up to ...</p>

<p>Something seems fishy here....</p>

<p>
[quote]

there's no way you have your AP scores for this year yet.</p>

<p>TROLL

[/quote]

That is definitely true. Nobody will be getting any AP scores until the middle of July or so. However, he did not state that he took the ap tests this year. However, it seems unlikly that he took all those AP tests his Sophmore year, which if he did, he would have either had to self-study or really be something special considering there are requirements to graduate and you could not take all those AP classes and still meet those requirements...there just isn't enough time. Somehow I'd almost expect something like this to be in the news somewhere (definitely local).</p>

<p>
[quote]
5. “Most Likely to go to Harvard”—voted by senior class</p>

<ol>
<li>“Most Studious”--- Voted my Junior Class

[/quote]

I know only our senior class votes for another senior for the yearbook....I guess this could be different in another school though. It seems weird for a specific class to vote for someone not in their class though...seems to defeat the purpose of a class vote. Why woulden't they have the whole school just vote then...</li>
</ol>

<p>
[quote]
Senior Schedule: I’m enrolling as a full time PSEO student at UW-Madison… basic freshman level courses with honors math.

[/quote]

Maybe I'm going to sound snobish here, but why are you taking AP Calculus AB and not BC. You of all people should have no problem at all with BC, even if you self-studied it, plus there isn't a huge difference...just a few extra things.</p>

<p>
[quote]
AP English 11… 5

[/quote]

There is not AP English 11 or AP English 12. If it were just a plain old class, you would not have a AP number grade like that. The only tests are AP English literature and AP English composition.</p>

<p>
[quote]
AP Physics…?

[/quote]

If i recall correctly, there are actually two physics tests (like AP Calculus) of varying difficulty...correct me if I'm wrong.</p>

<p>Forgive me for being a skeptic, but I'm bored and I don't feel like getting for work yet or doing a little morning C programing.</p>

<p>EDIT: </p>

<p>
[quote]
As I earlier stated... BarristerDad... They were scored from the unofficial MOCK exam. My real scores will likely be VERY similar.

[/quote]

Please state that in your post. This brings up your credibility and leads to less skeptisism. The same goes for your AP English mock test things. However, they are not official AP tests if they are labeled because I had the official AP practice test for AP English composition and it said AP English composition (and we had to return it to the teacher in the end).</p>

<p>As for your chances....depends on your field. If you are goign into engineering, Madison doesn't really have a honors program in the sense you are thinking, but otherwise, ...you probably could, especially if you pushed for it. considering everything is true, you show strong academic potential.</p>

<p>AP physics is AP physics in our area, no clarification needed. Youth Options is the way to do senior year at UW. Clarify "PSEO", please. Much of EC's are not worth mentioning. Of course UW would take you, and yes in the Honors program, but don't count on Stanford. If you are a troll, likely, please be aware that there are real students with equal or better credentials out there in this state. Coming from a Madison suburb you should know all this.</p>

<p>Very decent chances at UW... you don't need to ask us that.</p>

<p>good chance, but get a life.</p>

<p>According to the local news sources only one student in the Madison area got a 36 in the last year on the ACT and her other data does not match yours. So maybe we call BS.</p>

<p>news:</a> Edgewood junior earns perfect ACT score</p>

<p>Others also call BS</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/527463-harvard-stanford-safeties-me-right.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/527463-harvard-stanford-safeties-me-right.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Plus no HS in the Madison area has anywhere near 900 students in a class.</p>

<p>lol go barrons dang.</p>

<p>SH** SON; You Got Owned By Barrons!!</p>

<p>We like to keep this a vermin free area. Serious questions or even criticisms are welcome but not troll spam.</p>

<p>I just wanted to add that AP scores for 2008 are available by phone right now and have been for a week and possibly even earlier. Of course, you have to give them a credit card number so they can pocket $8. The official date is always July 1, but they seem to have quietly finished grading them early.</p>

<p>If you were this good then chances are you would be considering Oxford or Cambridge University in England. But as others stated you're a troll.</p>

<p>Busted troll!</p>

<p>eh.. sorry barrons but... that's just not true. a lot of people in madison can boast perfect scores. i know like 5 other people who were also featured in the paper, perhaps maybe not in the same pool as our darling Praying4Stanford.</p>

<p>I searched the papers for that year. Other years had more (never a lot) but not when she took it. Also what HS has over 900 students per class level? Nothing close.</p>

<p>wait why does it say you have AP US history score of 5 and then AP US History score of 4?</p>

<p>This a troll- too many false data points.</p>

<p>At the risk of piling on . . . </p>

<p>No runner from Middleton High School has finished 2nd in the state track meet in any event during the time that Praying4Stanford has been in high school.</p>

<p>Middleton HS has semesters, not trimesters.</p>

<p>There is no "Varsity" or other school-sponsored summer soccer in Wisconsin.</p>

<p>Middleton HS has its "Fall Musical" (where P4S had 4 lead roles during the first 5 years of her 3-year high school career) in April every other year.</p>

<p>Middleton HS has a Student Council, not a Student Senate. It does have a "Senate" with student, faculty, parent, community and administrative representatives, but none of the student reps last year were female. </p>

<p>The total enrollment of Middleton HS is 1900.</p>

<p>Middleton HS offers only 8 AP courses and does not offer the AP Biology, AP Statistics, AP Art History, or AP Spanish courses that P4S took as a junior.</p>

<p>Middleton HS has no weighted grades or weighted GPA, even for AP classes.</p>

<p>Praying4Stanford should Pray4SomethingElse.</p>