I got in! But, money?

<p>Hey guys need some advice/help. </p>

<p>I got into Engineering today and I am very grateful for the acceptance, but I need to know how to pay. Does Purdue give good Financial Aid or any kind of scholarship to OOS? I think I had like an EFC of 15,000 or something. </p>

<p>Please help!! Thanks!</p>

<p>they have two oos scholarships listed, so you can check those to see if you have the stats. idk about their aid though</p>

<p>If you have the stats to get scholarships then thats one form of aid. </p>

<p>If you don’t, consider attending elsewhere unless you want to put yourself or your family with a debt of at least $140k. I had 0 EFC and only got around $2k in aid from Purdue and $6k in grants from the gov’t. Like ALMOST every other state school, OOS financial aid is horrible.</p>

<p>Im hoping to get something, it would be a nice option. Any other help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>Why aren’t you going to a school in CA if $$ is such an issue. There are so many great options for you there.</p>

<p>I probably will. Waiting on the UC’s. But I still like Purdue very much, I grew up next to the University and came to CA like when I was 11.</p>

<p>“EFC and only got around $2k in aid from Purdue and $6k in grants from the gov’t”</p>

<p>What is the 6k from? I would be so happy if I got $8,000 or anything around that. =/</p>

<p>Pell Grant. You need a low EFC to get maximum Pell Grant which is ~$6k.</p>