I got in! but with consequences..

<p>So I finally got in after sending in my 7th semester grades.; however they 'regret' to tell me that I cannot get in with the major of my choice, which was business. Purdue is my top choice and I would love to go there but knowing that I cannot get into the Krannert School of Business will hurt. </p>

<p>What do you guys suggest I do? I got into Michigan State for Business, but my dream was to go to Purdue. My dad said it is better to go to Michigan State with business instead of going undeclared and "wasting a year" at Purdue. Is this true? I do plan to go to a graduate school if that makes any difference. It is not that I will unhappy at Michigan State, but I've been aiming at Purdue for so long and I've finally reached it, thus declining it will be heartbreaker.</p>

<p>Can I get any suggestions on what I should do ?
I am a OOS from California.</p>

<p>Grad school won’t really matter as that is far off. And as for business, it is really easy to transfer into Krannert your soph year and most of your first year are gen ed classes anyway. If you can afford the tuition and really want to go to Purdue, I’d say just go and transfer into Krannert later. Just make sure you don’t fail your classes.</p>

<p>I agree with msl2008, just take general education classes that are required for Krannert and attend that mandatory CODO meeting around August/September. Since every major requires general education classes it wouldn’t be a waste of money since your finishing some of them earlier.</p>

<p>Awesome, so would I still graduate the same time as other people who took majors their freshman year? I just don’t want to feel behind, but I see that everyone pretty much takes general class their freshman year. </p>

<p>Jim: What’s the CODO meeting?</p>

<p>CODO meeting is a mandatory meeting for students who want to CODO(Change of Degree Objective) aka transfer to another college at Purdue. On Krannert’s site you can find the dates that they will host CODO meetings for perspective students like yourself. It’s one of the requirements for CODOing into Krannert so the faster you jump on that, the less to worry about.</p>

<p>Yes you can still graduate on time as freshman year is basically just gen ed classes. And if anything, if you miss a class or 2, you can always make them up later on…without summer school too. It’s pretty easy actually.</p>