I got in!

<p>I found out I got in today... my stats were a 2110 SAT and a 3.4 uw, 4.0 w gpa...pretty good ec's (varsity football and tennis + etc.)...but I have a question. in the U.S. News college rankings, madison is ranked 34th nationally, tied with boston college...but it seems that a school like boston college is way harder to get into and definitely has a better rep...it could be because i'm from nj so it's not well known around here, but does anyone have further insight?</p>

<p>Madison's pretty tricky to get into.. Also, it's a huge research schools and may have more research oppurtunities than BC. It's sort of the "goal" of many of the best students around here to go to Madison. (I live 2.5 hours away from there.)</p>

<p>If you look closely at Wisconsin's rankings in USNWR you will see that they score very high (4.2) on the Peer Review which is really an assessment on their academic teaching and research strength. Their overall ratings are probably lower because of factors like class size etc. compared to the private university. BC's peer ratings are much lower (3.5). So you need to dig deeper into these ratings.</p>

<p>UW is FAR more famous in academic circles than BC. It is one of the top 5 research schools in the US.</p>

<p>Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.</p>

<p>I have a question. I applied for the Fall semester, but they accept me before X'mas, so is it possible for me to enter Wisconsin in Spring semester?</p>

<p>i just found out i got accepted today too as a transfer student....i dont know if i should do it or not......</p>

<p>If you have graduated HS, I think they might let you.</p>

<p>I applied as a transfer student btw</p>

<p>
[quote]
I have a question. I applied for the Fall semester, but they accept me before X'mas, so is it possible for me to enter Wisconsin in Spring semester?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Usually not. However, do call the admission office to make your case. Tread carefully.</p>

<p>Decision: ACCEPTED!!!
Attending: Who knows?</p>

<p>My Stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.7 weighted (94)
SAT: 570 verbal, 680 math, 680 writing, 11 essay
ACT: 30 composite (33 english, 30 math, 29 reading, 28 science), 32 english/writing, 10 writing
APs: Four ~ AP U.S. in junior year (3 on exam, B+), AP Micro (B+), AP Chemistry (C+), and AP Calculus AB (B+) currently in senior year
SAT II: 610 Biology (Ecological) (give me a break, I was a freshman :P)
Essay and recommendations: Very good
Extracurriculars: A good amount, mostly choral clubs</p>