I Got In!

<p>woohoo! i got into wisconsin!</p>

<p>Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.</p>

<p>ah, feels good to get admitted SOMEWHERE</p>

<p>the weird thing was that my app(online part) wasnt sent till jan 26</p>

<p>school didnt send stuff til feb 1</p>

<p>app not complte until feb 15(i actually have a letter from UW dated the 14th of feb saying they still needed my transcript)</p>

<p>and i just heard today, march 1st</p>

<p>so for those who applied late, check your status! you might get a decision soon!</p>

<p>I sent my app in February 1st in the morning and faxed in my teacher rec/counselor info :(</p>

<p>All because my public school has AWFUL counselors.</p>

<p>I'm so appreciative to Wisconsin though for understanding the situation and allowing me to fax :)</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter a few days ago and was extremely pleased.</p>

<p>Congratulations to you, I know the feeling!</p>

<p>CONGRATS! Your stats and ECs are great so this shouldn't be a big surprise. Which schools are you still waiting?</p>

<p>I was accepted too, but only into the preprofessional program of business, not the business program that I want to get into.
I wonder what do I have to do to get into the REAL business program?</p>

<p>Read the online catalog- you apply for junior year.</p>

<p>thanks dallas. i didnt think my gpa was good enough, but i guess one weak(er) part in my app didnt kill me</p>

<p>still waiting from</p>

<p>Michigan (deferred)
Penn (deferred ED)
Northwestern
Wash U St Louis
USC
UNC
UT-Austin
GWU
BU
Claremont McKenna</p>

<p>the BEST thing about getting into Wisconsin is that now it releives a LOT of stress and tension and angst i would have had for the rest of the month as i wait for my decisions from my other schools (almost all at/around April1 ) Now i know that if i get in nowhere else i can still go somewhere i relaly want to go to</p>

<p>im really pleased that i heard so early... but also kinda surprised... i have no idea why i heard so early</p>

<p>for anyone who might be wondering, stats...</p>

<p>GPA - 3.45UW, 3.8W, hardest courseload possible in my school
SAT - 1450/1600, 2130/2400
ECs, essays, recs - easily strongest part of my app... all excellent</p>

<p>good luck to those still waiting</p>

<p>So I will have to do a internal transfer in order to get into the REAL business program?
By the time I get into UW-Madison, I am already a junior...</p>

<p>I hate to repeat wis75 ... Read the online catalog ...</p>

<p>(OK, since you are from HK, I will help you a little) Item 2 & 3 from <a href="http://www.bus.wisc.edu/undergrad/transfer/prospective.asp%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.bus.wisc.edu/undergrad/transfer/prospective.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Thanks for your help. It's tougher than I thought...</p>