I got my campus housing assignment...

<p>I got assigned to the FHK Complex. Anything I should expect? Whats it like?</p>

<p>I have a friend who lives in the FHK complex. The dorms seem fine and livable. They seem to be averagely sized, averagely taken care of, and averagely located. Not too far from west campus, not too far from main campus. I’m a bit better off in Dunn hall, but I’m paying a lot more.</p>

<p>Some pros of FHK:
Balcony right outside your door
close to sbisa (the good dining hall)
Not too far away from west campus</p>

<p>Cons:
Smaller than some of the other dorms
Kind of far away from south campus</p>

<p>Is this for the spring, or next fall? How were you notified?</p>

<p>I am assuming this is for the spring semester. A friend of my D’s was in FHK last year and said it was ok. The rooms are smaller then some of the other dorms. But it is nice to be closer to sbisa.</p>

<p>Its for this spring. I got third floor Keathley Hall. I just applied and they sent me an email eventually.</p>

<p>Besides all what jd said, it’s close to Northgate so it’s super convenient if you’re into that stuff. Being close to Northgate also means you don’t feel too isolated. I actually feel like I am in a “city” living here even though College Station is definitely not a big city XD So my room is super quiet haha. </p>

<p>And as for the cons:
Maybe it’s just me because I’m weird, but there’s not exactly a dorm community here (i.e. you don’t get to hang out with your floormates unless you really make the effort to)</p>

<p>Is there any good priority date before which we are sure to get a place in housing accomodation at Texas A&M?</p>