I got rejected, but I got an email about F.A. at UW

<p>Title pretty much explains it all. I was rejected, but I just got an email thats says:</p>

<hr>

<p>NOTE: This e-mail is not related to your application for admission to the University.
The Admissions Office contacts students directly regarding the processing and results
of admission applications.</p>

<p>January 07, 2010 9863628611
Dear Cody</p>

<p>Thank you for your interest in financial aid at UW-Madison. To apply for
financial aid you must file a 2010-2011 Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA). The easiest and most efficient way to do this is at
FAFSA</a> - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Be sure UW-Madison’s school code 003895 is listed on your
FAFSA. After we receive your FAFSA information we will notify you if we need
additional information. DO NOT submit tax returns to us UNLESS we request them.</p>

<p>To access your financial aid information online log in to:</p>

<p>The UW-Madison portal at <a href="https://my.wisc.edu%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://my.wisc.edu&lt;/a>. Click on 'Student Center'. In the 'Finances' section find 'View Financial Aid', select aid year 2011 and click on 'Application Status'.</p>

<p>If you are not interested in financial aid for 2010-2011, log in as directed
above and at the 'Application Status' page click on 'Cancel your financial
aid application.'</p>

<p>More detailed financial aid information, including our online brochures, is
available at UW-Madison</a> Office of Student Financial Aid.</p>

<p>University of Wisconsin-Madison
Office of Student Financial Aid
333 East Campus Mall #9701
Madison, WI 53715-1382
Phone: (608) 262-3060
Fax: (608) 262-9068
EMAIL: <a href="mailto:finaid@finaid.wisc.edu">finaid@finaid.wisc.edu</a></p>

<hr>

<p>..someone wanna tell me what's up with this? I can't come up with a legit reason that a DENIED kid would get something like this. This sounds like something that goes to accepted kids.</p>

<p>I started the FASFA form, but of course I didn't put Madison on it...</p>

<p>

The note pretty much explains that they are separate from admissions. Probably when you applied to the school your name was entered into a database of applicants and that database was used to mass mail a standardized FA information letter that is sent to all applicants. The left hand has just not caught up with the right hand yet. Just ignore it.</p>

<p>Sorry to hear you didn’t get accepted. If you are from Wisc/Minn, and you have your heart set on UW, don’t fret. I got rejected too (mainly because I didn’t take at foreign language in HS), but then transferred. Just spend two years at another campus, get above a ~3.25 just to be safe, then transfer.</p>

<p>Easy explanation. Students need to get the financial aid process going in a timely fashion. Sending this how to go about it email costs them virtually nothing and gives a heads up to clueless students/parents. They do put in the disclaimer at the beginning. Easy to send and to delete emails.</p>

<p>Do consider a transfer if UW still interests you after you are elsewhere. Good luck wherever you end up.</p>

<p>Thanks guys!!!</p>