I got rejected from UMN CBS

<p>I got rejected from UMN CBS but I got into their CLA. Their CBS is the college of bio sciences and is the hardest to get into. I'm really worried about getting into Madison now because I didn't get into the CBS of UMN. I'm really surprised about this news, hopefully UW will see me in a new light. Here are my stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.75
ACT: 32
EC: Tons
Sched: All AP senior year, 1 AP in soph, 1 AP in jun.</p>

<p>College admissions are screwed up. I got into Tulane U Honors with half off the 50,000 price tag. To get into Tulane (which is to get into than UMN) and to get rejected from UMN really baffles me. Message to all: Don't assume! Always have a safety! I thought I was for sure getting into UMN CBS but turns out I didn't. Luckily I've been accepted to Tulane but I'm waiting for Madison!</p>

<p>Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason. FWIW, I think you'll get into UW. Good luck... hopefully it won't be too much longer.</p>

<p>Maybe they are just trying to even with UW for rejecting some good Minn kids. UW admits to the entire school--not the major for freshman. I'd be shocked if you don't get in.</p>

<p>i go to minnesota and i know a few kids who transferred into CBS after a year. it's much harder to get into than people would think right of high school.</p>