I hate TAMU!!! They screwed me over again!

<p>Yesterday, I called TAMU to ask questions about the application. One main issue is that I had completed the entire application for admission, but was still working on the scholarship application. I still had an essay to submit. They told me to go ahead and click submit and then come back later to add the essay. They said I could edit later. So I submitted and paid. Now, when I called today to ask how I add the essay, since I could not figure it out from the ApplyTexas site, they informed me once it is submitted, it is done. There is nothing I can do, I cannot add an essay, I am done. </p>

<p>I cannot go there without the scholarships anyway! I just threw away a huge application fee over this! It seems to me that TAMU doesn't know what they are doing half the time!!! I am so frustrated!!!</p>

<p>The only think I could think of would be for you to complete the essay and email it to admissions. Provide you name, DOB, and if you get any kind of identifying number when you submit your application include that. And give them a VERY polite explanation that you had called to ask about whether you could submit the application essay and edit the scholarship essay afterwards, and had understood that you could (note: Do not way that you were TOLD, but that you UNDERSTOOD – there is a difference – you need to really suck up, and part of that is leaving space for it to be a mistake on either side, including yours in the way you asked the question – never mind what you believe happened). However, once the application was submitted it was clear that you could not add the essay. So could they please consider adding the attached essay to your scholarship application? Because you really want to attend TAMU, and hope you can still be conisidered for scholarships. Then thank them. Put your phone number in so they can call you if they need to.</p>

<p>I would make this the nicest, least obnoxious request you can possible write. If one whiff of “I hate TAMU” and “TAMU screwed up” comes across, they won’t consider helping you. They might not anyway, but it is worth a try.</p>

<p>Just for the record, this is pretty true of any college related or scholarship applications. Once you hit “submit” and pay the fee, there is no way you can change the application yourself.</p>

<p>Hmmm…last year you COULD add the essays and turn the scholarship portion of the application in later.</p>

<p>I am surprised.</p>

<p>Did they tell you how many essays you needed to do to be eligible for admittance?</p>

<p>I cannot remember: are you an academic admit?</p>

<p>If so, intparent’s suggestion may work very well.</p>

<p>Another option may be to call again and calmly explain that you are an academic admit, the only thing you were holding back for was the scholarships, and ask about mailing the essay in or uploading it to Howdy.</p>

<p>Same rules apply, polite, non-accusatory, no hint of anything negative, just a request for help.</p>

<p>Do not panic. Once A&M sends you the netID, you can login and upload your essay.</p>

<p>Yes, that’s what I was thinking, kennyMi.</p>

<p>There is also a document ID sheet online that you use for additional documents like your transcript. One line says “Resume/Essay/recommendation”. Type out your essays & submit with this.</p>

<p>I am an automatic admit. But I cannot afford to go without scholarships.</p>

<p>Thank you for the help, I will look for those things. Thanks!</p>

<p>Concerned: I get that you need the scholarships.</p>

<p>My point was that the person you were talking to on the phone may not have completely understood your situation. Many applicants NEED to turn in their essays with their application just to be considered for admittance.</p>

<p>It is possible that she was telling you that if you already hit the SUBMIT button on your application, it’s too late to change it now.</p>

<p>She may not have understood, that your essay was for scholarship purposes only and you have not yet submitted your application for scholarships.</p>

<p>Could be just a misunderstanding. Did you tell this person that you were an academic admit, and did she fully understand that the essays were ONLY for scholarship purposes?</p>

<p>I completely agree with Intparent, and would recommend that after you humbly communicate with TAMU as directed, that you delete this post. Not too smart putting on-line, for the whole world (including TAMU Admissions) to see, that you hate TAMU and they screwed you.</p>

<p>Excellent point.</p>

<p>Way to stress the OP out…</p>