I have an issue:(

<p>So i decided that i wanted to apply to a&m last minute and applied on the third of this month. I really need money to attend college and i just realized that although i made the application deadline, I missed the scholarship deadline. I need my total cost per year to be some where around 10k per year or less. Can financial aid alone knock the price down this low? I mean we aren't poor. Middle class for sure. Also, is it possible to receive the scholarship that i missed out on during my sophomore-senior years? Or did i completely miss out on all chances of recieving any scholarship money from the school for all four years? It burns me because i know that i would have gotten a good sum of money with my 2060 sat and top 5% class rank. (i really don't want to go to UT over A&M solely because of money) :(((((((((((((((((</p>

<p>I think you’ve probably missed out on freshman scholarships from the school. That doesn’t mean there might not be scholarships in future years…they just won’t be those entry level ones. It is possible that you might get needs met by loans your first year. There should be some local scholarships you may be able to get at your high school. Have you checked UT’s scholarship deadline, because many schools’ deadlines have passed.</p>

<p>That happened to my D1 and she was a NMSF. She missed a full ride to Texas State.</p>

<p>oh i had already applied to UT before hand just neglected to apply to A&M out of stupidity. So the entry scholarship that i missed out on is only for my freshman year and i can get the same money as everyone else my sophomore-senior years?</p>

<p>Most competitive scholarships are only offered to freshmen (they want to get the students)-- sophomores and upperclassmen tend to be eligible for departmental scholarships, but typically nothing as generous as what is offered to freshmen.</p>

<p>My son (currently a freshman) was a NM semifinalist and in the top 5% of his class - and didn’t receive a university level scholarship. He did receive a departmental scholarship and a private scholarship.</p>

<p>@txag86, did your S make NMF as well? I thought the National Merit scholarship is automatic if you make NMF.</p>

<p>no - his psat was one point under the cutoff - I can’t remember the actual score. His friends that did achieve National Merit received about $15K from A&M - almost a full ride.</p>

<p>^So, he was national merit commended and not a semifinalist. last year the cut off was 219 and this year it is 216. So, he would have made it if he had scored 218 (one point under) this year.</p>

<p>You are correct - I used the wrong terminology…I just asked my son = his score was 218. His scholarship total is $5K per year.</p>

<p>A 2060 and top 5% - my daughter has very similar stats to yours, slightly higher. It’s not a given that she will receive any university scholarships. She has received a small departmental scholarship already. We still have fingers crossed.</p>

<p>OP, the competitive scholarships offered to incoming freshmen, the really big ones are a one time deal. If you miss them, you miss them. There are other scholarships that you can try to get in future years, but yea, if you missed the date, it’s just gone. That’s rough, I know. As I said, we went through the same thing with my oldest.</p>

<p>dang alright. thanks for the info.</p>