i have been accepted to the university studies program please help!

<p>i applied to purdue (computer engineering) but i was denied and offered university studeies program and they told me after on year u could transfer to engineering if my gpa is good but they also say it not guaranteed they will only transfer me if there is space available do u think i should take the risk or setlle down for university of minnesota cause i really want to go to a good engineering program like purdue??</p>

<p>I think you should very seriously consider Minnesota, if you’ve been admitted to their engineering school, and that’s what you want to do. It is not ranked as highly as Purdue, but it is still a very good engineering school. There’s always the chance that if you go to Purdue, you won’t be able to transfer into engineering. (Obviously, other things - such as cost - figure into it too.)</p>

<p>I would talk to your parents first and have a heart to heart conversation if they will be able to afford your tuition at Purdue if you really want to come here. If they are able to finance it then you should come to Purdue and focus on your studies so you can transfer into Computer Engineering. You will be taking a majority of the First Year Engineering classes while being in the Undergraduate Studies Program. </p>

<p>If you don’t concentrate your first year and goof around while having a low GPA then going to UMinnesota would’ve been the better option…</p>

<p>so if i have a good gpa is it sure that i will be able to transfer to eng.?</p>

<p>No, I’m almost positive they can’t guarantee you will be admitted to the engineering program since there are other factors besides gpa that are considered.</p>

<p>so probably UMN would be a better choice overall?</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>People have already weighed in their opinions. There is no right or wrong answer.
Now, it’s a personal decision.</p>

<p>You cannot be guaranteed placement in engineering at Purdue as a transfer whereas at UMN, you would already be in engineering. Plus, costs and how much you like the school should also factor into this equation.</p>

<p>maybe you should also consider Computer science, which is in the college of science (not engineering). however, i’ve heard most people who start out as a CS major don’t end up graduating with CS from purdue. The statistic i heard was like 30% of people in your freshman CS class will end up graduating with a degree in CS from purdue. But, if you are the type of person that would really enjoy CS, you might want to really consider that major</p>

<p><a href=“https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/InfoFor/CurrentStudents/CODORequirementsforFYEP[/url]”>School of Engineering Education - Purdue University;

<p>Personally, I think you are eligible for engineering once you fulfill the CODO requirements for Engineering as shown on the website I posted. This is my personal opinion and I have considered CODOing majors multiple times before so yeah…</p>

<p>(This is my personal opinion and I have considered CODOing majors multiple times before so yeah…) do u mean yeah ofminn is a better choice overall?</p>

<p>so if i do the CODO things after 2 semesters of university studies i will be able to transfer?</p>

<p>I believe you can CODO after your Fall semester. Just schedule classes you need to transfer into FYE as listed in that previous website. Your advisor in USP should be able to guide you as well since they just deal with CODOs eventually. </p>

<p>I’m not saying UMinn is a better choice overall. I’m just saying that you can transfer into FYE if you do well during your first semester. I believe it would be a guaranteed spot once you fulfill those requirements. CODOing is different from regular college admissions since you just have to fulfill the requirements. College admissions depends on various things from your stats and info against others. If you were applying to Industrial Design which is a program where you have to apply after your freshman or sophomore yeah lets say… thats when I would say you aren’t guaranteed a spot automatically since you compete for a spot in the program with other students like college admissions.</p>

<p>This is the same thing that happened to me (except for Aeronautical engineering). I basically heard that it is extremely difficult to change your major like that… you also have to have a little bit of luck as well! I am considering doing this or just going to Penn State for Aeronautical Engineering where I actually got accepted into the major.</p>