I have no idea whether or not I qualify for scholarships

<p>I NEED the full tuition scholarship, which requires a 3.5 and a 1400. I was looking at the honors college app and it lists my gpa as following:</p>

<p>Grade Point Average (4.0 scale): 3.4780</p>

<p>I sent them a 3.3 unweighted and a 97 weighted so I’m not sure what that 3.4780 means…am I screwed? Will they give me a little leniency since I have a 1560? I thought that a 97 would at least be a 3.5…</p>

<p>you need to have your counselor send them your weighted GPA in a 4.0 format.</p>

<p>97 would translate to 3.88</p>

<p>Thanks, I’ll see if I can get my counselor to do that but I’m not sure if our school even does that conversion.</p>

<p>I kept reading here that they would take the gpa out of 100 and that would be fine. I also read that they don’t re-calculate gpa so I don’t know how I went from a 3.3 to a 3.48.</p>

<p>97 weighted</p>

<p>Definitely high enough!</p>

<p>Are you sure m2ck? I’m looking at the stats posted at the bottom at the honors app and all it says is the 3.478. I’m very worried that that’s the GPA that they’ll be using to determine my scholarship eligibility.</p>

<p>I hate to second guess you on this given how much you’ve helped me already but I’m really freaking out about this. I really wanted this to be the only school I applied to but if there’s any chance I might not get the scholarship then I’ll have to cover my bases and apply elsewhere.</p>

<p>you can cll the registrar and ask. my daughter had a similar situation (GPA reported on a scale that they were not familiar with) and they did recalculate. all was well when i had the counselor resend a transcript with a note attached telling them what the GPA would be based on a 4.0 scale.</p>

<p>do not just freak out about it. do something about it.</p>

<p>Are you sure m2ck? I’m looking at the stats posted at the bottom at the honors app and all it says is the 3.478. I’m very worried that that’s the GPA that they’ll be using to determine my scholarship eligibility.</p>

<p>You need to call Admissions. it looks like only your UW GPA was put in.</p>

<p>Are you certain that your Weighted GPA is on your transcript? If so, then contact Admissions AND your area recruiter.</p>

<p>Okay, thanks again guys. You are always such a big help. I just shot the school a message and I’ll talk to my counselor tomorrow.</p>

<p>Be not afraid, Michael! Not with those stats!! You will get the Presidential for sure. :)</p>

<p>Our HS reports GPAs on a 100 point scale only. When UA recaluated it on a 4 point scale, we were shocked at how low it was. My son contacted UA and asked that they recalcuate it, and boy are we glad that they did. They have actually switched his gpa with that of a student that had the same name. Strange, but true!</p>

<p>I’m curious about a definitive statement that a 97 avg translates to 3.88 without seeing the detail.</p>

<p>How can you translate an aggregate? Theoretically this 97 avg is the result of a 97 in every class. Each class would then be an A and this would be a 4.0. </p>

<p>You need the detail to convert.</p>

<p>Theoretically this 97 avg is the result of a 97 in every class. Each class would then be an A and this would be a 4.0.</p>

<p>GPA Percentile Letter Grade</p>

<p>4.0 95-100 A … Yes…a 97 is a 4.0
3.9 94 A
3.8 93 A
3.7 92 A
3.6 91 A
3.5 90 A
3.4 89 B
3.3 88 B
3.2 87 B
3.1 86 B
3.0 85 B