i hear purdue is boring

<p>i hear purdue is a very boring school, how would it compare to u of michigan or u texas</p>

<p>For anyone who answers, please define what "boring" means to you. :)</p>

<p>As in, nothing fun to do</p>

<p>OK sorry to be repetitive here, but... what "fun to do" things do you want to do that you find lacking?</p>

<p>yes, it is boring..don't come here, you'll regret it.</p>

<p>Your time will be only as boring as you make it. If you get involved, meet people, and just present yourself to living and learning you can have a great time. I came from out of state and am very happy with my decision. Soph. Mechanical Engineering.</p>

<p>Any school is what you make it...ANY school. My son is also a soph Mech E and he loves it as well. He finds he has a ton to do and not enough hours in the day. And NO, he isn't buried in homework all the time.</p>

<p>i want to go to a fun school also (fun = parties, alcohol, football games), and i've looked into this a lot
essentially, purdue will be more fun than michigan but not nearly as fun as utexas-austin</p>

<p>Sorry, can't help you there. If your "fun" is based on parties and alcohol...lol...I hope you have great time management skills or an easy major at ANY school you choose. The football games are a blast at Purdue, and you dont' have to be drunk to enjoy them ;)</p>

<p>Yeah, never spent much time at Purdue but they do have fun I hear (my cousin's final engineering project alone sounded like fun! By the way, he was MechE, that's the 3rd one on here!). He always sounded like there was plenty to do and it never contained big time partying or drinking.</p>

<p>I'm a soph in ME. If your fun is based on parties and alcohol, then it can be done. I did my fair share of partying and drinking, and I have a 4.0 (I was in honors first year engineering and the learning community too) along with devoting probably over 20hrs a week to extracurriculars and another 5 or so hrs to tutoring. I could add in a list of all that I accomplished during my freshman year, but I think I've made my point. So mominin, don't you dare dismiss alcoholics so quickly just because our forms of entertainment aren't what you'd call good, clean fun. </p>

<p>I wouldn't recommend it, but I wouldn't diss it either. If you drink smart, and budget your time, it can be a wonderful thing. However, fair warning, it isn't for everyone.</p>

<p>Come on.......Purdue is one of the biggest universities in the nation. Therefore if you find the right kind of people (people of your taste - which i am sure u will find in Purdue), you can make it worthwhile.</p>

<p>No dissing CK61188. If you can party and pull off a 4.0, more power to you. I'm just saying you don't have to be drunk to have fun :)</p>

<p>Lots of frat parties and thats about it. The city of West Lafayette doesnt have much to offer.</p>

<p>See if u r majoring in engineering.....probably any schoool you go will crush you with homework...thats the part of the job!</p>

<p>But it becomes boring if you dont see some hot sorority gals on campus....purdue lacks sex and bums..which makes it boring.</p>

<p>so west lafayette has nothing really to offer?</p>

<p>Well the city does have a pretty neat hookah bar, but besides that, West Lafayette = boring (and i feel disconnected from the rest of the world when I'm there). For the majority, West Lafayette is Purdue University.</p>

<p>that makes me sad. =[ alot of intramural sports though? like flag football groups and stuff?</p>

<p>a lot of intramurals, yes!</p>

<p>The big plus that West-Lafayette has to offer is its amazingly low cost of living. Everything there is dirt cheap, for good quality stuff. Rent for good apartments can be as low as $300/month from what I've heard. Although there may not be much to do offcampus, it sure doesn't strain your wallet.</p>