I hope this is not true

<p>[Was</a> Nick Saban’s Wife House Shopping In Austin? Reports Say: Yes. - Burnt Orange Nation](<a href=“Was Nick Saban's Wife House Shopping In Austin? Reports Say: Yes. - Burnt Orange Nation”>http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/10/23/4987356/the-nick-saban-to-texas-rumors-are-strengthening#comment_tease)</p>

<p>Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Please, no!</p>

<p>As for the “vacation in Austin” question: people do have vacation homes in a few areas just outside of Austin.</p>

<p>Hmmm… a couple of things:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>“Why would Saban, the most methodical man in the country, <strong>allow</strong> his wife to travel to Austin at a time when the Texas coaching vacancy is all but announced?”</p></li>
<li><p>“Is Austin actually a city where people vacation?”</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Mr. Shoff: Last time I checked, women are free to move about the country as they please. Even married women. </p>

<p>And yes, Austin is a city where people vacation:
[Austin</a> Tourism and Vacations: 348 Things to Do in Austin, TX | TripAdvisor](<a href=“http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g30196-Austin_Texas-Vacations.html]Austin”>http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g30196-Austin_Texas-Vacations.html)</p>

<p>And like it said in the comments…remember when he bought the vacation house in Georgia…gossip was crazy then too. And he increased the number of recruits from Georgia! lol Just put him closer to where the players were.</p>

<p>Texas should stop gloating and should be worried…very worried! Coach Saban is all about the recruiting. ;)</p>

<p>Hey it could happen. Remember what he said when we got him.</p>

<p>Coaches rarely announce mid-season that they’re interested in going elsewhere. I know that article had some comments about the Sabans letting the rumors roam so that they can juice up demands for salary increases, but how many millions do you need to be well off the rest of your life?</p>

<p>I figure he might be getting bored at Alabama. We’ve got students who cut out early on games, a parade of players earning suspensions…it DOES kinda make you wonder.</p>

<p>Let’s just hope this is rumor started by some jealous Longhorns fans that have finally realized what a sad state they are in.</p>

<p>Prediction…</p>

<p>Mack Brown becomes Texas Athletic Director…
Saban goes to Texas for $9 or $10 million a year…</p>

<p>Rumor debunked</p>

<p>Saban isn’t going to Texas. His wife and daughter in law were likely looking for a home for son, wife, and new grand baby</p>

<p>people calm down. some of the posts here are ridiculous</p>

<p>" Hey it could happen. Remember what he said when we got him.</p>

<p>Coaches rarely announce mid-season that they’re interested in going elsewhere. I know that article had some comments about the Sabans letting the rumors roam so that they can juice up demands for salary increases, but how many millions do you need to be well off the rest of your life?</p>

<p>I figure he might be getting bored at Alabama. We’ve got students who cut out early on games, a parade of players earning suspensions…it DOES kinda make you wonder."</p>

<p>Parade of players on suspension??? </p>

<p>Sarcasm may not like it when people, not just students leave before a game ends, but no coach is going to leave because of that…lol…that happens everywhere.</p>

<p>Saban is not bored…lol</p>

<p>Ugh…</p>

<p>Autocorrect on my phone changed Saban to “sarcasm”. I caught the second one, but not the first.</p>

<p>From what I’ve been told, when Saban was at Miami and he said that he wasn’t going to Bama, he was telling the truth. At that moment, Mal Moore hadn’t yet extended an offer. There had been rumors that Bama wanted Saban. </p>

<p>Mal Moore, frustrated that he was being roadblocked by (I think) Saban’s agent, took the Bama jet and flew down there unannounced and virtually staked Saban out to extend an offer. And, when Moore did it, he (lol) offered more than Dr. Witt had authorized. Thankfully, Dr. Witt went along with the very high (at the time) offer.</p>

<p>Saban was recently asked about Texas and his answer was very genuine. He said that they love Tuscaloosa, and that it takes time to build a program and his age, he’s too old to start over elsewhere.</p>

<p>2nd try - regarding the vacation home in Georgia - it was only about. 3 hours driving time from Tuscaloosa, I assumed it was his “getaway” place. It was on the market a few months ago (gorgeous home) and I believe it did sell. I remember mentioning to my husband I wonder if he may be looking elsewhere.</p>

<p>I don’t think Saban will go to a school that does not stand behind a coaches decision of suspending or kicking players out if they misbehave. UA gives him full control of the team and his decisions when it comes to player discipline.</p>

<p>The Sabans didn’t sell their own vacation home on Lake Burton, Ga. They sold their investment property home that they also had on Lake Burton. They still have the one that they use as their weekend getaway.</p>

<p>I don’t know where their son and his wife live/work, but perhaps one of them is taking a job in Texas. They’re expecting a baby in about 5 weeks, so house-hunting may be what’s going on. The wife was with Miss Terry during the house-hunting trip.</p>

<p>M2CK is correct - I had to do some searching to find the “sale” info and which did say it was a spec home built by Saban and a partner to sell and he was keeping his existing home on the lake. A bit different than the information to sell the house.</p>

<p>Given that Nick Jr is a musician, I imagine Austin would be a very good place in which his family could reside. </p>

<p>I don’t think Saban is leaving us, but if he does, Alabama football will survive and thrive. We have a very long tradition of winning that predates even Paul Bear Bryant.</p>

<p>I tried to warn you people.</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>:rolleyes:</p>

<p>Warn us about what? That others would start rumors?</p>

<p>lol </p>

<p>Should we warn you Tigger lovers that there will be rumors about Miles? Ok…we’re warning you. That and a few dollars will get you a Venti coffee at Starbucks.</p>

<p>TUSCALOOSA, Alabama – A few minutes after Alabama put the wraps on its 45-10 victory over Tennessee, a reporter informed Nick Saban of a sign held by a fan at Saturday’s game.</p>

<p>“We’ll stay for 60 if you stay forever,” it read.</p>

<p>Saban, who criticized the fans who left last week’s rout of Arkansas, smiled and said it “sounds like a good deal to me” as he began an answer that sounded a lot like the one he offered last month when his name was linked to a potential opening at Texas.</p>