i just got an email that i was admitted.

<p>and i just tried the TTY number but it says someone else has already used it</p>

<p>Any 10 numbers work, so should I order it or not??? haha</p>

<p>I wouldn’t haha. I got in too but I’m sure they’ll send out new pins for everyone and if you do use a random # you’ll probably take someone elses</p>

<p>Guys, the chances you’ll take somebody else’s number is slim. Literally, any random 10 digit number works. I just did 1122334455 and I got through. There’s a bunch of combinations.</p>

<p>that’s weird, i didn’t get an email; i checked my application today and it said “decision: offered admission” so i’m assuming that means i got in. i applied Engineering and the other poster also got in for engineering and didn’t get an email so maybe the engineering kids didnt’ get emails. </p>

<p>for anyone who’s gotten a physical acceptance letter in the mail: how long did it take to receive it once you got an email for acceptance?</p>

<p>thanks (:</p>

<p>^I was accepted for Engineering and received an email.</p>

<p>^ Same here, I got in for First Year Engineering and I got the email.</p>

<p>The number I used was: 000000000, and it worked. Chances are no one will be given that pin number</p>

<p>oh so you guys are just using random numbers? did you already pick a poster and submit?</p>

<p>When you receive your official acceptance letter in the mail, it will provide to you a 10-digit Purdue ID#, for which you will activate your email account and other pre-enrollment stuff. That same 10 digit number is what I believe will be used for ordering the individualized poster…so it is probably not a good idea to use a “random” number since it might be someone else’s Purdue ID# and they would get “locked out” of the ordering process.</p>

<p>Got into pharm and got the email too, it’s the only college that accepted me to send me an email lol</p>

<p>Again, I’m saying the chances you’ll get someone else’s pin is pretty slim - I don’t think Purdue will be giving out pins like “1122334455” or “0000000000”. Purdue really screwed up though with these PIN numbers thing, though.</p>

<p>^ The system is probably “open”, seeing that decisions were just released. I am sure that Purdue had to clean the system from last years applicants and this issue is part of the clean-up. Has anyone actually used a random number and then tried to submit their order? Even though we have gotten into the system, we may not be able to order the poster.</p>

<p>I used a random number and it worked</p>

<p>I used a random number, and it worked, and then i clicked submit… but then it asks if all the information is correct, and whenever i click “yes, create my poster” it just takes me back to the top of the page… not working for me =(</p>

<p>it worked for me. i just used a randsom number, put all the info in, clicked submit, verified my address, and then clicked submit again and it said that i would be getting my poster in 4-6 weeks.</p>

<p>So it does work… unusual that it would clear the information as correct even though it is not… maybe I’ll order my poster then</p>

<p>I received my acceptance letter today and it had a 10-digit pin number on it so I would guess that’s the one needed for the poster.
its unlikely that some of those numbers would be used but for everyone else i would wait until you receive the letter before using a random number.</p>

<p>STV</p>

<p>I got the same situation with you. But did you use Firefox or some other internet explorer? If that’s the case, I think you should use IE to try again. Mine worked the second time.</p>

<p>thanks sjyuhan! i tried that and it worked! but they just sent me an email with my unique pin saying that they were sorry for the mixup… so does that mean my first order isn’t good anymore? hmmm</p>