I just realized I might make two mistakes on my QuestBridge application

Hi!

I just realized I might make two mistakes on my QuestBridge application. I mistakenly rounded up my GPA from 3.8378 to 3.84 because my counselor advised me to do so and I thought we only limited GPA to two decimal places. I also accidentally chose that I am in the top 10% of the class when I was actually in the top 11% of the class. What should I do now? Am I going to lose my chances of being considered for the Match? Will the admissions officers think that I am a liar and immediately reject me? Should I email QuestBridge to fix my information on the application? Please help me! Thank you!

On the GPA definitely not. As for the percentile, I wouldn’t worry about that either. A 3.8378 is a 3.84 by any reasonable measure, and the difference between being in the top 11% and the top 10% is negligible and not important. If you want, you can email QB to tell them, but almost certainly they will say that it’s OK.

The top 10% is not this wall that separates the worthy from the unworthy. It’s a continuum, and one exam grade can push you up or down that artificial line.

5 Likes