I just spoke with Judy Bonner!

<p>About two weeks ago, I called Dr. Bonner’s office to express my displeasure with the blatant display of racism in the Greek system. Her secretary was very kind and said “someone” would get back to me. </p>

<p>Well, I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Dr. Bonner this morning! She apologized several times for not having called me sooner. She said that the members of the sorority had been eager to integrate their houses, but were stymied by a “few people.” To paraphrase her, she said that these young women, unlike the “few people” who were the source of the problem, had grown up with AA friends and were simply not comfortable with the unjust status quo. She said she was committed to making sure that the process of integration continues.</p>

<p>I must say that I found her to be sincere and gracious. She was very down to earth, and did not seem in a hurry to get off the phone as she asked me about myself and asked if I planned to come to campus to attend a game soon. She seems to know her football. I told her we were very proud of her and impressed. Has anyone else received a response from her?</p>

<p>Fantastic, Atlanta! I find it so impressive that the President of the University would take the time to connect with an alumnus in such a fashion.</p>

<p>This is an example of the personal touch that has knocked our socks off at Alabama.</p>

<p>yep, I don’t think past presidents would have made that call, unless of course they knew I had big bucks</p>

<p>Wow!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Do you have big bucks, Atlanta?! :wink: JK
This sort of personal treatment <em>IS</em> what UA is known for.</p>

<p>This is good news. I would expect a University President to only call back fund-source leaders (politicians, selected alums, and corporate sponsors), auditors, and lawyers. </p>

<p>Atlanta68, If you’re not one of those, this is really good news.</p>

<p>And of course football Head Coaches.</p>

<p>I am NOT a big bucks guy at all. But I am a regular donor and I told her secretary tgat I was active on CC. But I really think Dr. Bonner just loves UA and wants to make sure tge alumni know tgat she is taking care of our alma mater.</p>

<p>Yes, last winter I had some questions about my son and scholarships. I emailed Dr Witt on a Sunday afternoon and got responses from him and Dr. Bonner that day.</p>

<p>Atlanta…is there something wrong with your “h”? lol</p>

<p>Yes! its called typing on a dad gum cell phone while at tge gym lol</p>